Sign in to follow this  
Guest swathdiver

How to do a repaint and placement of aircraft on tarmac...

Guest swathdiver

Hello Everyone,I've got two questions today. I'd like to do a repaint of the Pilatus and possibly attempt a new aircraft from scratch. I thought there were some tutorials out there but cannot find them. The new aircraft would be the G-73 Mallard. I have no idea where to start or how long it would take. Never done it before and if its tougher then good scenery to do I just might have to wait for FLY! III!Next, When starting the game I modified the fly.ini for the startup aircraft, runway and airport. Can I specify exactly where on the tarmac the plane will be? At KPBI, if you're a private craft you're parking is on the SE side of the airport and for realism's sake I'd like to start there. If flying a chopper that day I'd like to start at the SW side where the shops and police department keep theirs and of course an airliner at the terminal. Many Thanks!JamesHmmm... Tastes Like Chicken!

G'day ?????, It could be an awfully long wait :-)I suggest you get stuck in and start a project.email merogermaz@idx.com.auand I will email you a repaint tutorial.If you have any further questions ( and you will -- heaps ) just post here in this forum and one of the repainters will set you straight in no time flat.Cheers ?????Roger @yssy

For airport positioning and other startup controls, you may want to check out these two programs from Allen Kriesman: Flystart and Flystart.dll.The first allows you to set aircraft, airport, custom camera views, render.ini, skies, etc. The second allows you to select a start position for each airport - Fly!II will then remember that position the next time you return to that airport.I heard of some persons having compatibility issues with this program after the new patch (v240) came out, but it may have had something to do with their systems - I haven't heard much since. You might want to give it a try

Randall Rocke

Guest swathdiver

Prefect Randall, Thanks!Jamesp.s. Still doing computer house cleaning before I tackle those scenery projects! Hmmm... Tastes Like Chicken!

G'day James,Your Yahoo address is spitting the dummy with the tutorial. I have received a message back saying that the carrier will continue trying to deliver the email every 3 hours for the next three days.let me know if you get it ok.If you don't I'll re send it.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest swathdiver

I did get it, Thanks!Hmmm... Tastes Like Chicken!