Sign in to follow this  
Fall_guy

I cannot get my aircraft ICON to show in FLY

Hi, Guys,..............I really need you help here.For the life of me I cannot get my aircraft ICON to show up in the FLY aircraft window. I started by UN-Podding the Hawker and have amended the nessessary files (.SIT, .NFO, .LOD). I am using all the existing Hawker files (No Panel changes) and just want to connect Giorgios 737 (with my Livery) upto the HAWKER system files so it shows up in the Window so I can select it.All the ACM files have been renamed and attached to the relevant system files and the correct LIVERY tif and ICON pbm have been placed in the ART folder.HELP!..........This is driving me NUTS!!Obviously.............. search pod file are set to 0 in the ini.Any Idea or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Thanks GuysJohn

Guest Chris Wallace

Do you mean that your aircraft shows up in the list but you want to put your own little picture (icon)in place of the Hawker picture? Or it doesn't show up in the menu at all?If you have just modified the Hawker.NFO file without renaming it or copying it, then you have effectively just modified the Hawker, not added a new aircraft. It will still show up as "Peregrine 800TR" unless you changed the tag in the NFO file. It will still have the Hawker icon unless you create your own, save it as PBM/ACT in the Art folder, and replace "Hawkico.pbm" in the tag in the NFO file. Copying the modified Hawker.NFO file to something like My737Hawker.NFO (whatever) should cause the additional aircraft to show up in the menu.Cheers,Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Hi Chris,Thanks for taking the time to reply..........I'm still having no luck. I re-installed FLYII + (patch250.240) tonight and trashed all my files and started over. Heres what I did. First there are NO 3rd party aircraft installed (just FLY's default aircraft).From (Giorgio 737) Ive created a New Livery and renamed it BMI.tif, along with BMIicon.pbm /act Next I unpodded the 800TR (TRI4) system files and amended as follows:ART:BMI.tifBMIicon.pbmBMIicon.actBMIshad.pbmBMIshad.actWORLD:1) TRI4.sit (changed to locate the BMI.nfo file)2) TRI4.nfo (changed the icon file and TRI.lod file) to BMIicon.pbm and BMI.lod and renamed it BMI.nfo(also manufacture name to Boeing/British Midland) etc3) TRI4.lod (re-named the file to BMI.lod)4) BMI.lod (changed the acm file names to BMI.tif)MODELS:BMI.acmBMIshad.acmIve checked and double checked everything but I still can't get the ICON to show up in the Choose Aircraft Window.Tomorrow Chris I'm going to use ALL the 800TR files and simple just replace the icon graphic pbm and see If i can at least get a different Icon to show up. (without attaching a new livery)Anyhow If you've anymore suggestions Chris I'd sure like to hear them.Cheers John

Guest Steve Brown

Hi JohnYou must do a 256 colours BMP image 128x63 pixels ok!Then you must convert this image in *.PBM (with ACT. file) format.You may have already done this John, I had the same problem a few times, and got the sizes wrong. Oh I use a program called "Mechanism to go" to do the conversion. See attachment :-) Steve.http://mysite.freeserve.com/fly2theuk/aragon.jpg][/divTHERE'S A BIG WAVE COMING!My United Kingdom Scenery.http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+Viewhttp://mysite.freeserve.com/fly2theuk/avsim/bart.htm

Guest Fly II Pilot

John,In the NFO file, did you by any chance specify the icon file as just BMIicon.pbm without the "art" (less quotes) or did you include the folder name?Just a thought...Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce4 Ti4600 8xAGP 128MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBhttp://home.earthlink.net/~finsdad/FlyII/p..._aamigorena.jpg

G'day John, For all my repaints I modify the following files. I notice there are a couple that you haven't mentioned. I don't know if the missing modified files will cure your problem but I ( and others ) have successfully repainted the Hawker. It's not just changing the names of the files but also altering the information within the files. Maybe you have overlooked changing one of the parameters within a file. It would appear from your post that Fly! II is not yet seeing your modified aircraft as a new aircraft.art*hi.tif*med.tif*low.tif*shad.tif*ico.act*ico.pbmmodels*hi.acm*med.acm*low.acm*shad.acmworld*.nfo*.sit*.svh*.lod*.Vld*.whlThe last two files are just name changes only but all the rest have internal changes to be made. If you like I can email you the repaint tutorial which tells all the changes to be made. E-mail rogermaz@idx.com.auCheers,Roger @YSSY

G'day John,If the below is correct then there's the problem.>WORLD:>1) TRI4.sit (changed to locate the BMI.nfo file)you should have also renamed tri14.sit to BMI.sitmaybe you have and this just an oversight but I thought it worth mentioning.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Thanks for the info....Alejandro,I actually left it with the ART/folder name in........but It makes no difference if I remove it or notMany ThanksJohn

Hi Roger,...how ya do'inYep all my files have been modified correctly (I've checked them over so many times) and Ive done many repaints in the past.I was beginning to think this maybe a problem created from within the 240 PATCH (Mac), but I think I've solved the Problem.What I did was created an EPD file from my Changed files and placed it into the Aircraft folder, and what do you know........there it was in the aircraft window. I think the cause was because I'd created everything from scratch the search 0 files were having no effect because there was'nt I POD Aircraft in the AIRCRAFT folder for it to relate to and overide. If I simple remove MY PODDED aircraft and UN-pod it, then place all the files in their relevant folders my aircarft does'nt show-up.It appears as though FLY looks for the AIRCARFT pod first and then search the folders for files realating to that aircraft pod.Anyway It works now so I'm back on with somemore modifications.Thanks Again Guys for ALL your help and suggestionsRegards John