Sign in to follow this  

What to change to make aircraft taxi speed lower?

Not the AI aircraft but any FS2K2 aircraft. Some of the planes you really have to hold the brake to taxi or they will just taxi at 20-30 knots?Thanks to anyone who can answer this.....Ed

Guest GalacticCowboy

Hit F1 to drop your throttle all the way to idle.

Guest SD Sim

If you don't have it, pick up FSUIPC, which will allow you a wide range of calibration opportunities for your yoke or joystick.

Sorry but i think you are missunderstanding me, My Fault.....Im saying that there are a couple off aircraft that i have downloaded that idle high and you need to hold the brake, For Example:OV10-Bronco. (Tim Piglet Conrad)Idle all the way down and you need to keep hitting the brakes as to not taxi to fast.There is only a couple of planes that do it. My throttle works fine...Is there a setting or value i need to change in the air file? I was looking at the file with Air-Ed but im am at a loss as to what to change?Thanks,Ed

Well, I always experienced that in FS2K2 with the King Air 350 and the Cessna Amphibians. It's pretty annoying though, I understand, but if you have FSUIPC, you'll be able to make many changes to these kind of stuff. It's available at both flightsim.com and avsim.com

Yes the King Air!That one also.I will check it out and thanks for the reply.....Ed

on turboprops, bring the mixtures to low idleand then it should be okfor them anywayas for my 767?

Guest SD Sim

Ed,I've had sporatic problems with the King Air's throttle as well. I've yet to definitively track down where this problem comes from. When I installed Steve Small's revised .air file, everything was fine. Then, after I installed a third party aircraft, the high speed idle problem returned. After I uninstalled/reinstalled the same plane, normal throttle speeds were returned. Like I said, I don't know what happened, but it was very strange. Right now I have a new problem with at least the King Air - when I use the side views from the normal cockpit mode, I see the interior of the plane. While I may be mistaken, I could sware that the last time I used this feature, the side views were unobstructed. Tomorrow I will explore this further and see if I can restore the "normal" side view. If you don't have Steve's revised .air file, let me know by e-mail.

>Not the AI aircraft but any FS2K2 aircraft. Some of the >planes you really have to hold the brake to taxi or they >will just taxi at 20-30 knots? >>Thanks to anyone who can answer this..... >>>Ed

Hi Ed, Well i run the program "LAGO FSMaintenance" which incurrs heavy penalties for excess taxi speeds and the way i try to keep the taxi speed is as follows....The normal low idle torque is 11 {i assume thats percent}Very carefully slide the idle levers down till just before fuel cut off and you will get torque reading of 9.Next switch the Anti ice switch to ON ,this will also use some enginepower and the torque will reduce to 7.Try taxi now for lower speed, much more realistic.For takeoff power turn Anti ice to OFFThis applies to the Beechcraft King Air 350.Cheers Col....

Thanks all for the help!I will give it a shot tommorrow....................Ed