Sign in to follow this  
Dondo

Random Fly!II ramblings...

Just some random thoughts I had this morning as I was messing around in Fly!II. How hard would it be to yank the floats off of the Stearman and stick them on the Cessna 172? To all the aircraft modelers, how hard would it be to make an amphibious 172? Or even just a float version would be cool enough. Here's another. Could someone take the cool PA-19 from ROTW, pull out some of the gauges, back the horsepower down to 80, but a wood background for the panel and call it a J-3 Cub? I believe there was already a Cub for Fly!2k. Can you convert models between Fly!2k and Fly!II? What about giving the default Stearman 400 horsepower and a paint job from the military training version? What were those called? I want to say PT-19 but I don't remember exactly.See, I'm full of idea's....well, I'm full of something anyway.... :(Oooo, here's another. What about converting the default 172 into a 182? Are the panels pretty close? I would think that you could probably use the 172 without changing much at all. Perhaps scale the model up to reflect the bigger fuselage of the 182, up the horsepower to whatever they have and viola'!Well, okay, so my eye's are bigger then my abilities.....anyway. Thought I'd throw some of these ideas into the open. Any comments?Pieter

G'day Pieter,< how hard could it be to yank the floats off the Stearman and stick them onto the Cessna 172 ? >Ever see the movie "6 days 7 nights" with Harrison Ford and Anne Heche. They strapped/jury rigged floats from an old Japanese WW II floatplane onto an DH Beaver with their bare hands, using bamboo and a bit of twine!. What a load of BS but in movies you can get away with murder because people are looking for escapism. :-)Now back to reality. Sorry to dampen your enthusiasm mate but "how easy would it be?" to do your suggestions?Nigh on impossible :-) for a host of reasons. but some dedicated individuals have achieved remarkable results.Cheers mate,Roger @YSSY

Guest Fly II Pilot

Pieter,The problem is that to make any of the changes that you suggest, you must have the original 3D model for 3D Studio Max, Truespace or whatever other 3D program you're using. None of the 3D models for the default aircraft are available so unless you do it from scratch it would be almost impossible to just make "changes" to the existing ones. The only way I can think of doing such a thing is by modifying the .ACM file, which would be quite a project and even still I'm not even sure if it can be accomplished.Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce4 Ti4600 8xAGP 128MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBhttp://home.earthlink.net/~finsdad/FlyII/p..._aamigorena.jpg