Sign in to follow this  
zfehr

Someone to test out modified Navajo files

I've been working over the Kodiak files to more closely match what I remember my father's Navajo performing like. I have included the files below, they go in the "world" folder. Anyone that wants to futz with them and let me know what further mods should be done. I don't think the EGT is accurate but you get full rpm on takeoff and climb performance is greatly improved. BTW ATC now will recognize the aircraft as a Navajo with the call sign N7ZG (my father's)... I've done several searches for this call sign and cannot find it in the FAA listing or NTSB accident reports. I was able to track it down in 1990 but I imagine it was sold and re-registered. It was the first Chieftan sold in the West coast US and I believe the third off the production line.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Hi Zane,Sounds interesting, I may find some time to test it. BTW, I've been playing with the same aircraft some time ago and lost the whole POD file, although I have all Kodiak files in their directories. Have you got, at least, a list of the files so I can POD them again, probably with your files? Or, could you send me the whole POD file?Thanks,Rene S.

The Kodiak files are podded in the file named Java... it is a 25MB file that would be a rather large upload for me and download for you. I would recommend that you search the original Fly!II CD for the Java pod. I am not sure how I would make a list of all files in this pod without individually writing each one down into a text file, once again I would recommend searching your original CD for this information. Some of these files were updated in the patches released by TRI so if you have all the files unpodded this list would be the most useful for you.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

G'day Zane,To get all the files of a pod into a response file (notepad text file ) all you have to do is enter the Fly! II editor and select file management. Then press key "6" which is "catalogue a pod to a response file".Then follow then on screen steps (simple) and a response file ( text file) is written to the main Fly! directory.Press esc to exit the file manager and then quit the editor.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Thanks Roger,I'll go to work on it later today.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888