Sign in to follow this  
Guest SD Sim

Can't connect Wide with XP

I have 2 pc, one with Windows XP another with Windows ME, when I connect FS2002 with wide to the anoter pc it's work good, but now I have update the Windows ME pc to Windows XP and now I can't connect to the anoter pc !!!! I have the new FSUIPCE and WIDE and i have IPX driver install, when I start FS2002 I see the message "Not able to serve (see log)" when I open the wideserver i see this...********* WideServer.DLL Log [version 5.01] *********Using blocksize guide of 2048 bytes 25566 Initialising server socket now 25576 ServerNode=0.0.1024.9334.22765Memory managed: Offset records: 0 alloc, 0 free********* Log file closed *********Can some one help me with this problem !!!

I don't know if this will help you or not, but it's what I did to get the computers talking.Go to control panelnetwork connectionspropertiesNetware IPX/SPX/Netbios compatible network transport protocol. Once there change the internal network number to something other than 0. Myself I used 1 then 2 on my other machine. Like I said it worked for me, your mileage my vary. Hope this helps you.Scott..

If you dont mind my asking...Ive kinda dabbled with the WideView setup, but cant quite get it to work.I have a 500MHz PIII at home I was tring to hook up to my Athlon XP1600.I have them networked, and have IPX installed.Ive loaded MSFS2002 on both machines, made sure sceneries all match, loaded proper modules and ini fileson each one ...Now, do I start both Flight sims at the same time, then start wideview on server, then on client?Im trying to inch along each new step.Thanks in advance for any help.John

Guest SD Sim

Hi John,Launch Wideview on both client and server. Make certain that you are starting from the same gate or runway for each machine. Then "start" WidevieW on the server and if everything is set up correctly, the client should replicate the movements of the server. You don't need to start WidevieW on the client if you installed the ini files correctly. To confirm this, check the wideview config and make sure that the client is listed as the client, not the server. If things aren't working, let me know and I'll be happy to help you further.

If you are talking about WideFS, you need to modify the WideClient.ini with the following type information:; PLEASE SEE WideFS documentation for parameter details; =====================================================(Config)// use square brackets here vice ()ServerNode=0.0.20480.300.45366Port=8002Window=43,44,886,589Visible=YesTimeout=20; -----------------------------------------------(User)// use square brackets here vice ()Log=Errors+Run1=h:program filesnavigationnav.exe; ===============================================Your ServerNode information may be different. I also run Nav3.1 via the WideClient on my second computer.In the modules folder of your fs2002, you have the other piece of the system the WideServer.ini and it should have the following type information:; PLEASE SEE the documentation for parameter details; ==================================================(Config)// use square brackets here vice ()Port=8002; -----------------------------------------------(User)// use square brackets here vice ()Log=Errors+; ===============================================Lastly, make sure you have the latest programs from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html . They should be FSUIPC ver 2.85 and WideFS Ver 5.01. Peter Dowson indicates they need to be matched. Also make sure you have IPX/SPX protocol on each machine. If you have WinME machine make sure you enable NetBIOS over IPX/SPX under the NetBIOS Tab of the IPX/SPX protocol properties. I believe WinXP already invokes this condition.

Thanks, guys, for the help.Wife has to work tomorrow... so Im going to try setting it up again.John

Guest SD Sim

John,Just to avoid potential confusion, Williams above reply was directed at the first post and is in regard to WideFS, which is not the same as WidevieW (although closely related in function I believe). If you have problems setting up WidevieW, E-mail me (or post here) and I can check my settings more carefully and help you get set up :-)