Sign in to follow this  

Terrascene 2.1 rendering

Randall: You are very patient, thank you. Did everything precisely as outlined. Still get that black window message when slicing starts "rce water image (C:program filesterrascene 2w.tga)not found or incorrect form."I think what I'll do is chuck everything and start from scratch with fresh downloads. I believe I have enough info to make correct settings except one-- cannot open lax file to set heap size. Tried left click and right click on icon, won't open. I know its a "jar" file but how do I open it?Thanks again, Ken

Ken,You really need to take advantage of that change to the max heap size. The file is nothing more than a text file. I just double-click it and it opens right up in Notepad - I'm running XP Pro.If that doesn't work for you, one of these will: right-click and choose Open with..., then choose Notepad. If that doesn't work, then place a shortcut to Notepad on your desktop. Now...just drag the TerraScene2.lax file on top of the notepad icon. Voila!Make the change and save the file.I'm really sorry you've had all of these problems - I really believe most of it has been a resource issue. You eventually use up all the resources your system has, then the process stops and you end up with an error. This change should help you - you may need to change both items: max heap to 230m and max segment to 2500 to get it to run well on your system. A RAM upgrade in the future to 512MB would help a lot.Once you get it set, TerraScene is very stable and a pleasure to use.

Randall Rocke