Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

Help on pbg files.....!!!!!

Guest tonyc

Here's what I have:In my attempt to add moving throttles with reverse from TRI31.pnl, which is the throttle panel, in the main cockpit panel, I moved the throttle gauge code into the main cockpit *.pnl file. I then converted the two throttle pbg files int bmp's, reduced their size, reconverted them to pbg files and edited their x,y position as well as the size in the gauge "code" section. Everything works beautifully, except that the reverse part of the throttle fails to work. The pbg files have a "frames" requirement as well as how these should be configured when dealing with "moving" slides. I even tried the original pbg files , and simply changed their x,y location. Here,too, the reverse isn't recognized. Does it have to do with the fact that I am trying to do this in the main panel instead of creating a new panel, such as the "upper panel"? If so, can anyone guess as to what I might not be considering?Tony

Guest Fly II Pilot

Tony,I assume that the reverse thrust rev1 and rev2 are defined in your .AMP file, right? Also, make sure that you also resize the click area ytop, ybtm, rtop and rbtm.You can send me the .PNL and .AMP files and I can take a look at them.Good luck,Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce4 Ti4600 8xAGP 128MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Guest tonyc

Thanks, Alejandro. I fixed the problem of reverse, but now I get an inverse response, that is, when the normal throttle moves in one direction, the "new throttle" moves in the opposite direction. MMMM, very interesting, this panel making. By simply reducing the size of the pbg(bmp first), and reducing the number of frames when creating the pbg file, I suspect that the bitmap frames get all disorganized. tony

Guest tonyc

Well, The original Fly2 pbgs are too big for my panel. I convert the pbg into bmp. I reduce the bmp to the size I am looking for. I then convert the bmp into a pbg file. At this point, panel maker or FlyGraphics asks to input the correct number of frames. Because of its smaller size, I have to enter a smaller frame number, or else the conversion does not work. Am I doing it right? Unfortunately, once I load it in FLY2, the resolution is very poor and the new throttle behavior is the opposite of the normal FLy2 throttle behavior.tony

Guest Fly II Pilot

Tony,The number of frames shouldn't change. Think of it as reducing each frame by a certain percentage. The number doesn't change, it's just the size.This is how you should do it:- Open FlyGraphics- Click on the PBG(s) that you're going to use and take note of the total size and the number of frames. In this case the files you're going to use are as follows:KATHROL.PBG 122 x 430, 11 framesKATHROLR.PBG 122 x 430, 5 framesKATHROR.PBG 101 x 430, 11 framesKATHRORR.PBG 101 x 430, 5 frames- Convert the PBGs to BMPs- You'll notice that the BMP files will have the same width but obviously their height will be equal to the PBG's height x the number of frames. In this case you'll get:KATHROL.PBG 430 x 11 = 4730KATHROLR.PBG 430 x 5 = 2150KATHROR.PBG 430 x 11 = 4730KATHRORR.PBG 430 x 5 = 2150- Now resize each BMP, choose to maintain the aspect ratio but make the changes based on the height. Make sure that you choose a height that is a multiple of the number of frames. Let's use KATHROL.PBG, in this case, let's suppose that you want to reduce everything to something close to 55%. Well, 55% of 430 is 236.5 which is not an integer so you need to either go with 236 or 237. This means that your height will be 236 x 11 = 2596 or 237 x 11 = 2607 and the width will be determined automatically by the graphics software if you selected to maintain aspect ratio.- VERY IMPORTANT for FlyGraphics to be able to convert back to PBG: Edit the (PBG file name).TXT files that FlyGraphics created in the same folder where the graphic files are and enter the new width and height information but don't change the frames.- Now convert the BMP files back to PBG, FlyGraphics should do it automatically.IT SHOULD WORK.Let me know if you get stuck somewhere along the process.Good luck!Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce4 Ti4600 8xAGP 128MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Guest tonyc

I feel stupid. I bet I forgot to lock in the aspect ratio. I will try it soon. That explains why Fly graphics did not give me an error, but simply did not create the pbg file. Panel maker, on the other hand, will produce a pbg with the wrong number of frames: this is what led me in the wilderness.Thanks again.tony

Guest Javier

I'm too playing with Panel Maker and the old 727, my problem goes to square one.I am trying to use a photo to have a more realistic Gear Leveler ( nothing wrong with the original, just trying to improve ) I have 7 BMP files, saved in order ( i.e. frame1, frame2, frame3, etc ) all are 256 colors, 8 bit files. These were then converted into a single PBG file under Panel Maker.Under FLY II, when I choose to use the panel with the new PBG file ( created by Panel Maker ) I got two problems:1 ) The image quality is so poor that it is almost unrecognisable.2) The cursor changes if I pass over the Leveler, if I click I hear the Sound FX of the gears but I don't see any animation.Do you know if there is a good tutorial for these? Could you help me to get a nice image quality? I am trying to make a Photo-realistic panel, I am willing to animate levelers and buttons from real life pictures, but I want to make sure this can be done, before I waste more time....Here it is how it looks... (Static by the way, it won't move an inch ) Regards.Javier.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/37971.jpg

Guest Jan

Hello Javier.I'm also using real photos for my panels and PBG's.Maybe I can assist you.Send me an e-mail: jmherigs@broadparkn.noJust remove the n in broadparkJan

Guest Fly II Pilot

Javier,I recommend that instead of using the separate frames, you merge all seven yourself using PhotoShop or similar and then convert to PBG. Maybe the reason why you have that problem is that the palletes for the different images are different.Hope this helps.Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce4 Ti4600 8xAGP 128MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Guest Javier

I'll try your suggestion, but I am sure all Frames uses the same 256 color, 8 bit Pallet.So, according to your suggestion we can have a single "Multiframe" image of 49x5420 and make it a PBG for example? I was tempted to try that but I was unsure of the height limit ( if any ) I'll put all 7 frames one next to the other ( up to down order ) and see what happens.Thanks!

Guest Javier

Thanks Jan I will definetely be in contact with you.My goal is to have a panel at least as good as the 707 made by Jean Sabatier, specially the upper panel I like the real photo with working switches, mine will have the "real" switches working... I hope. :)

Guest Fly II Pilot

Javier,It should work. Panel Maker allows you to create the PBG in two different ways a) using separate BMP files or :( using a single BMP file with mutliple images stacked one on top of each other where you'll have to indicate the number of frames in the image. Panel Maker will do the rest.Good luck!Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce4 Ti4600 8xAGP 128MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg