Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

*.pbg files.....help!!..please

G'day all,I've just recently discovered the fun in panel arranging but keep geting a few problems with some *.pbg files. The files create fine using the converter program but Fly! II spits the dummy and just displays a black patch where the graphic should be. This might be a stupid question but does anone know if Fly! II has a limit as to the max size of a pbg file one is allowed to use???One of the files in question is the landing gear selector handle which I am trying to make 30 x 596 pixels ( 2 frames of 30 x 298 ). If it's not a size problem has anyone any ideas as to what might be causing my files to show up black. Attachment is the panel in progress.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest tonyc

Roger, that black appears to be an RGB value other than 0,0,0, which is the "transparency" value. Simply fill those areas with a palette 0,0,0 with your paint program. tony

G'day Tony, Thanks for answering mate.Boy have you got a lot to answer for! :-lol You have started me down this road of modifying panels. I've got so much info whizzing around in my head that I'm going into brain overload. :-) After shutting down the computer for the night/very very very early morning actually ( 4.00 am :-) ) and then upon rebooting the following night the computer behaved itself immaculately and I found that I could create pbg files that worked flawlessly. I must have been overtired and doing something wrong or I may have corrupted a file somehow. Any way all's fine now.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest tonyc

Yeah, not is it addictive but it's fun.tony

G'day Tony,Ha! ; just figured out what the problem is. When I convert the files to index colour before saving them as a bmp I find that if the conversion uses an ADAPTIVE pallete then Fly! doesn't recognise the file. I have to use an EXACT pallete,. :-) The conversion program doesn't have a problem with this but Fly! knows better! :-)CheersRoger