Sign in to follow this  

Mike Stone's Caribou! He's done it again!!!!

Wow, nice job Mike, captured the ungainly lines of this beast nicely!I have a bit of pitch instability, just need to trim carefully. She lands nice and slow and you can do the "wheelbarrel" manuever too! The flaps are fantastic and look just like the real aircraft! I took the liberty of enhancing the C7 texture colors slightly, think it reflects the Vietnam 3 tone scheme a bit better now. I changed the tan color on top of the cowl as it didnt quite match upright there. Also working on the font for the C on the tail as I think it was more a block type letter. I am looking forward to someonedoing some nice detail texturing with a bit of weathering added, Im not so good in this area. I also added a star/bar to the top left wing and will do the underside one too. Heres a shot for those that haven't seen it yet, its available right here!!! Also a private version and RAAF too!Thanks Mike once again! One quick request.....will we get to see textures for the props/spinner?? Right now they are grey, think thats the base color of the 3d model.http://www.flightsimmers.net/airport/hornit/c7.jpg

Hornit,I tried to get as close as I could to the Nam colors, given that I'm colorblind (really, I am). If you want to shoot me the textures after you've tweaked them, I'll include them in a patch release, along with other fixes/suggestions. I'll also get those prop textures added (just missed that one) and boost the pitch stability a bit. Oh, and before someone notices, I'm going to texture the interior. Must be getting lazy in my old age. :-)Thanks for the feedback!Regards,Mike Stone

Mike, Im still tweaking the colors. Actually they were pretty close to start with I'm just a perfectionist :) Hadn't noticed the interior yet, having too much fun flying around. I aliased the sound to a big prop sound file I have (radial engines) and it is adding to the atmosphere! Im going to do an AFRES bird which was stationed up in Westover AFB MA back when I was a kid, used to attend the local airshows. Found a good shot on airliners net of it. Thanks again for the feedback! Keep up the great work!!Hornit

Here's the latest and probably final for now. I think the colors are a lot closer to the Nam style now. I'll wrap up the textures and send them to you Mike, for the next update. I really enjoy flying this bird into small tight strips, she will fly right down to about 60kts straight and level!! Oh, I use a Voodoo 5 so some of the textures look like they have multiple hues but its just the way the jpeg compression changes it, they dont look like that in the sim.http://www.flightsimmers.net/airport/hornit/c7a.jpg

I'm almost done with some Army detailing including panel lines on the wings and fuselage. The wings are tricky to do because of the flaps, but I have some up there. I'll shoot a pic when I get 1 side complete.DonI have some problems with forcefeedback on this. Anyone else say anything about it. Don

Guest Timbo

Looks great Mike! Thanks for making it![TABLE BORDER=0][tr][td]

[/td][/tr][tr]

[td]

[link:timsfsstudio.home.attbi.com]Click here to visit Tim's FS Studio!]

[/td][/tr][/TABLE

How do you open the rear?Thanks,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

The readme file (ahem) :-) states that I slaved the cargo doors to the Concorde nose function. You will have to set the keyboard assignments to set up keys for this. Mike Stone