Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

Panel maker question

Guest tonyc

I've written to Mathews about , but am curious if anyone else knows the answer. When I load a panel, not all guages show up with the yellow borders around them. These are guages that have very specific references and should show up. What happens is that if the loaded panel file is saved and replaces the FLY2 pnl file, these guages then will not show up in the panel. Essentially, the new saved pnl file deletes all text that refers to those guages that initially don't get loaded. Of course, the new FLY2 panel, edited by Panel Maker, now has guages missing.tony

Guest Fly II Pilot

Tony,I think the reason why they don't load is that you don't have the PBG in the ART file. This often happens when the aircraft in question uses "shared" gauges that reside in another aircraft's POD or in the accommon.POD file.Although Panel Maker is a great tool, keep in mind that it's a Beta version. If you like to include a comments on your files for future reference, I wouldn't use Panel Maker since it wipes out everything.I personally use it to move things around, figure out the coordinates and create PBGs and PBMs. For someone starting a panel from scratch it's in invaluable tool but not if you're modifying an existing panel.Hope this answers your question...Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce4 Ti4600 8xAGP 128MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Guest tonyc

I failed to mention that in this particular case it does seem to have the pbg items in the right folder. In fact, that was the reason why I was puzzled. You're right about some of the limitations of Panel maker as a panel modifier tool. For now I use it to simply find the coordinates of guages that I am moving or adjusting.tony