Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bart

For anyone interested...

Guest Bart

in using Truspace 3.2 for making panels for Fly! I have started some tutorials on my site. I have a few links to some tutorials that have nothing to do with panel creation but are useful in learning how to use Truespace. I also have a "quickie" overview of some of the tools in Truespace and the first 8 pages of the panel tutorial.The panel tutorial when finished will cover from start to finish how to create a panel for Fly! including converting the .bmp image and importing the converted panel image into Fly!. It will also cover how to add details like screw heads, placards, gauge face borders, etc. It will cover how to use the cameras in Truespace to make side views and upper and lower panel views, gauge faces, switches, animation of needles and switches using Truespace and Paint Shop Pro. For Paint Shop Pro I'll have some tutorials on how to add some shading to the panel image and some other things you can do with Paint Shop. I'll also put together some tutorials on how to use some of the DOS tools from the original Fly!. Soooooo, Lock yourself in a quiet room with a 12 pack and a bag of BBQ pig skins and jump on over and take a look! http://bartsflyplace.tripod.com/index.htmlI have some of the tutorials written already for the gauge faces, needles and screw head details so it'll just be a matter of getting them uploaded, maybe tonight, have to check on the BBQ pig skin supply when I get home! Ken if you read this I know there were a few interested in some tutorials so maybe you could anchor this post for a bit.c ya :-waveBart flyhelp@zoomtown.comhttp://bartsflyplace.tripod.com/bart_logo3.jpg

Guest Colins2

Thanks Bart,I'll certainly be a visitor.I've been very inviolved with scenery etc. but I haven't lost the hankering to make a plane someday :-)Colin

G'day Bart,Thank you !! The tutorials are great. Downloaded and printed out a hardcopy.I tried making a pointer not long ago but the problem of hand cut and pasting the frames together resulted in a rather twitchy pointer. The centre of gravity was not nice and smooth. Your tutorials explains how to automate the process, great stuff.As an aside the tga limit for photoshop is 30000 pixels in both the x and y co-ordinates. So long as the frame size times the number of frames doesn't exceed this 30000 limit then photoshop will handle the tga files. This is slightly smaller than the Paintshop pro limit.I made a pointer twice the length of the standard needle1. This can be achieved by halving the number of frames. This of course means that you only have a frame every 2 degrees and therefore the needle movement is not as smooth but I did it for the airspeed indicator and the jerkiness was not objectionable, and this allows you to have instrument faces twice the size of the standard instrument faces.thanks again for the tutorialsCheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest Chris Wallace

Good job, Bart-man! It's about time you got your lazy carcass in gear to publish something like that! :-lol Now if only that unnamed Canadian slacker would get off HIS carcass to do something similar, we might be getting somewhere! I've got a keg of beer and a Price Club pack of Cheez Doodles (didn't know they sold BBQ pig skins north of the Mason-Dixon line!) so I'll check out your tutorials!Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Guest Bart

"It's about time you got your lazy carcass in gear "It was more the snowy, nasty, CANADIAN cold fronts bringing my lazy carcass outta the clouds!! Make sure the $100.00 bill I put in you Christmas card is still there when you get it!Roger, that is a good trick for making larger needles and such. When I did the AI for the Aero Commander in the original Fly! I took out most of the frames on the lower edge of the animation. If you ever load that thing up and fly it again once you get past about 100 degrees of bank either way the AI will just flip over to the other side.Should have some more tutorials up in a few days, finishing up the panel tutorial and have the gauge face and side view tutorials about done. Hope you got a BIG box of Cheezy Dootles there Kanu!c ya :-waveBart flyhelp@zoomtown.comhttp://bartsflyplace.tripod.com/bart_logo3.jpg

Guest jomar111

Hello Paul or "Bart",I really enjoyed you're old tutorials for Fly! they were great and easily molded what I had in my conception to an actual end product (in this case an aircraft I made for Fly! a while back). I am so thankful for your new contribution about the panels as I know I will be needing them shortly ( currently I'm still studying photos of the cockpit of the Caravelle, its the closest I can get to actually sitting in one ). I look forward to seeing new tutorials or maybe that truespace plugin/exporter -s3d-!Thank you Bartromanjomar111