Sign in to follow this  
Guest OU812

taxiway.exe.....the cant be without tool!

Guest OU812

Ok im new at this but I have to say that this forum is the best foranswering questions...I was able to create taxiways for a airport that had none at all without posting a single question and in the same time got a few questions answered that are out there1 the data dir in fly2 has files that need to be there...hide them and make them write protected...windows explorer set to do not show hidden files...presto..dir is empty.2 podded taxi files in the taxiways dir work..they do not need to be in the data dir...they do need "this one stumped me for a couple of days" to be only 3 charectors in length tyr not ktyr. "usa aiports only" overseas=4 char 2 make a poly for a parking lot and put a runway in it and make it a runway center...take one vertex make it red and the other green...if your tarmak has more then one outlet be at a outlet when request taxi to runway or the arrows dont appear. hope this helps some newbies, the taxiway program has its querks..keep going at it and make backups in another directory..now my question.I noticed that when you turn markings on, the runway extention pulls away from the runway...tun them off and it goes flush again. hoever it doesnt make them flush allways in the sim. some of mine are perfect and others look like garbage. any ideas? thanks for the help guys! there are allot of knowlegable people out there...airport name ktyr. Tyler pounds field Tyler Texas

Welcome to the Avsim Fly! world - what is your name?You're right about a number of things, but here are a few things you may find helpful:1. No - the files in the data directory aren't needed for Fly! to run. But, if you made some scenery (including taxiways) and didn't pod the scenery, then the files would have to be there or your scenery wouldn't show. If you have unpodded scenery in the data directory, you can simply rename it temporarily to something like "data_", "hold_data", etc. Then simply make a new empty data directory for taxiway or other scenery production. After the scenery is produced and safely podded, delete the temp data directory and restore the original by renaming it. This is also a good process for TerraScenery production and model production - it keeps the wrong files from being mixed together and makes podding easy.2. Make sure that your original production files are deleted or removed once the files have been podded and the pod installed in the taxiways directory. If they remain in the data folder, you will not be using the pod at all, as Fly!II is usually set up to load data files first.I can't help you with the extension joints - maybe someone with some experience with that area can step in.

Randall Rocke

Guest OU812

OU812 IS my name....oh you ate one two was a album thatVan Hallen put out in the 80's. if this was unreal tournament I would have said sniper_fu...im out of names so I used that. thanks for imput my taxiway files allways get podded and my data directory is clean....wonder if anyone else has had the sepperating problemb...hope i can get it fixed...i tried polly over the open area but it dont work

Guest Fly II Pilot

OU812,Randall was asking if, as a courtesy, you could share with us your real name. Although it's certainly not a requirement in this forum, it's just more personal if you sign with your name.So, don't be shy... ;-)Regards,http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Guest OU812

MY NAME IS DOUG... Just did a Terrascene of ktyr 50 mile radiusits nice to see fly personalized like that. It was the first time I did that and the pod file is over 1 gig...wow..it looks great though

Guest OU812

Hi all, was flying arround in the bell and noticed that my airportwasnt the only one that has this taxiway problemb. SFO san fransicoalso has a taxiway pulled away from the runway. If at all possible if you read this and find the time to look does anyone else have this problemb?