Sign in to follow this  
Guest Motormouse

Silly question, where do I find

Guest Jak Fearon

>Jak,>...>Let me know if you need help on the 747, maybe if we join>forces we can finish it faster... ;-)>Haha! Please don't let my wife hear you say that.Jak Fearonhow in the world?http://www.howintheworld.com

Guest DonB_1

"I've actually thought about e-mailing TRI to ask if we could perhaps release the original set in the full color range that they were intended."Jak, yes! please do. And a set of HITW textures with 1:1 resolution would be fantastic, opening up a "world" of possibilities. Thanks!Don

Guest chezz

Jak,I just purchase/ddownloaded your new texture, I was wondering if there is an executable file that would install the new textures to terrascene2 instead of manually adding them to the ts2 base texture.Thanks.chris

Jak,I downloaded them yesterday... now I've got about 60 gigs worth of scenery to do over again x( I luv ya... my wife on the other hand :-bang There were no specific Terrascene instructions included so I assumed you just place the HITW folder in the textures folder for Terrascene. Reading the *.trp files led me to this conclusion... correct me if I am wrong.Looking forward to seeing them for myself, thank you for making them available again.Sincerely,Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest danieletona

Hi Jak,is it possible to purchase the textures in a CD? My connection to internet is of 56k, impossible to unload.ThanksDan

Guest Jak Fearon

For anyone who's wondering how to get these into TerraScene, I'm typing up some quick instructions right now. It's been so long since I've used TerraScene that I want to make sure I get everything correct. :)Jak Fearonhow in the world?http://www.howintheworld.com

Guest Jak Fearon

OK...I just wanted to be sure I knew what I was talking about before I typed up these directions...To install the textures for use with TerraScene, just unzip the files into your TerraScene textures folder (make sure to unzip using the folders option which will keep everything in the HITW sub folder). I've also just noticed that the World textures will actually end up in a folder called WorldTexturesHITW. You'll want to move them up into the regular TexturesHITW folder. You also will want to move the .trp files from the same folder up into the root TerraScene2Textures folder. (I'm going to update the zip file today to fix that).I just uploaded an update that will add in a new texture, replace another, and also add in some TerraScene2 trp files that make use of this whole set. For people who got the package before this update, just log in to the place where you downloaded the files from and look for the zip file called "Extras". That's the one.In addition to this... I just found a whole bunch of misc. textures on my back-up CDs so I'll go ahead and zip those up and add them to the whole package deal. If you've already got the package just watch your e-mail inbox for a notice from me that the additional textures are available.Thanks everyone for the very kind response to this. :)Jak Fearonhow in the world?http://www.howintheworld.com

Guest Jak Fearon

>Jak,>>I just purchase/ddownloaded your new texture, I was wondering>if there is an executable file that would install the new>textures to terrascene2 instead of manually adding them to the>ts2 base texture.>>Thanks.>>chrisChris,This time we opted not to include an installer, mainly because it's not just people with TerraScene who will be using these textures. Also, due to the way an installer would work, everything would for the most part have to contained in one large file (unless we wantted 4 separate installers). That would mean a HUGE download size. For these reasons we decided to just put everything into smaller sized zip files.Now, regarding the base texture for TS2... Again it has been AGES since I've used TS2, but as far as I can determine I've included everything needed in order to get these textures running with it. The only file I didn't include was one I found that's called base.trp. It appeared that this file overwrites the one that comes with TS2, although it DOES contain references to our HITW textures. Is this file something that is NEEDED for using these textures with TS2? If so, I'll upload it.Thanks for picking up the set and I hope you're finding them useful. :)Jak Fearonhow in the world?http://www.howintheworld.com

Guest Jak Fearon

>Hi Jak,>is it possible to purchase the textures in a CD? My connection>to internet is of 56k, impossible to unload.>>Thanks>DanDan,Yes I'm sorry, I was just getting around to replying to your e-mail about this when I saw your post here. I'll send you the details regarding CD shipment via e-mail.Jak Fearonhow in the world?http://www.howintheworld.com

Thank you Jak,Glad I got this message before starting to remake my globe tiles. I am starting with the Pacific NW US (where I now live) and thought the mountain-country.trp would best suit, will switch to yellow-prairies or sw-browns as I get into central CA valleys and red-desert as I progress into Arizona. This is really exciting as I never got to see these textures in FlyII before.Best wishes,Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest Jak Fearon

>Thank you Jak,>>Glad I got this message before starting to remake my globe>tiles. I am starting with the Pacific NW US (where I now>live) and thought the mountain-country.trp would best suit,>will switch to yellow-prairies or sw-browns as I get into>central CA valleys and red-desert as I progress into Arizona. >This is really exciting as I never got to see these textures>in FlyII before.>>Best wishes,>ZaneSounds great, Zane. Hey if you wouldn't mind taking some screen shots of the results once you get some into Fly!II I'd love to see them!Jak Fearonhow in the world?http://www.howintheworld.com

Guest Colins2

Heya Jak,Wow, nice to see the taxtures again :-)Just my luck to be away for the announcement!I normally (still) read the forum every day.This week I had to go away for a few days and just got back - having missed the biggest announcement in ages!Thanks Jak, I'll be buying them too.Colin