Sign in to follow this  
Guest Motormouse

Problem rendering Florida Space Coast

Pete,As this message is referring to a shapefile rather than standard USGS data file, did you download someone else's render package...such as James Florida scenery?I know he did a lot of custom work by includng shapefile data from Tiger Census 2000. I haven't had an opportunity yet to download his work. If he included all the data it would probably be necessary to first move each set of files into the appropriate TS folders (such as Manually-added) before beginning the render.

Randall Rocke

Guest swathdiver

Hello, Yes as Randall said you must first download and install the first two data files, one for usgs and one for manually-added. If installed properly, if you opend the data-files folder you'll see two folders, "manually-added" and "usgs". If you open manually-added you'll see all of the counties for the 4 states plus whatever you had in there prior. If access to the county folders like "35 putnam" is not there, maybe in another folder then you'll have errors. Let us know how it works out.JamesHmmm... Tastes Like Chicken!

Guest Motormouse

>Hello, Yes as Randall said you must first download and>install the first two data files, one for usgs and one for>manually-added. >James>>Hmmm... Tastes Like Chicken!Er,like I said I'm new to this, so in case I missed it where do I get the two data files from (or how)?:-wavePete

Guest swathdiver

They're part of the Florida Terrascene Project in the library. Only ones with little icons for some reason, the others were removed. When you go to the file library, change the setting to order by date and scan mode. They're the last ones that you find as you scroll down and are clearly marked.James Hmmm... Tastes Like Chicken!

Guest Motormouse

Yikes!!That's a 134 mb d/l, not good for my dial-up modem I'm afraid.Looks like Florida will not be being added :-(Typical,just when I get a system that will run Fly!2 to the level it deserves,I still can't make it look any better.Think I'll un-install it and consign it (Fly!2) to the maybebin.(As in maybe if we ever get Broadband where I live):-wavePete

Pete,Before you give up on that, why don't you give Download Accelerator or one of the other accelerators a try - give it a go for one project. D.A. allows for resumable downloads - in other words, start the download and go to bed or run the download when you're off the computer doing other things. If anything goes wrong or there is a disconnect when you come back to the computer or wake up, just reconnect and it will continue from where it left off - works like a charm!Also, if you want to try some other areas, you can download much smaller project packs or have a go at new areas and have TS download the smaller data sets for your own rendering: 40-80MB of geodata is a lot smaller than 134.All the best!

Randall Rocke