Sign in to follow this  
Johan_Dees

The new Apollo Fly by wire technology ......

Hi!After visiting their website, I still do not understand what precisely is being offered. Plane, panel, airfile? All three?Also, they advertise a pretty nice looking Boeing Glass cockpit for FS ....98. Anybody familiar with the project or products?Thanks in advance...BobP :)

Seems to me they just wanna score some points by flaming the PSS Airbus Product in there "Advertisement" (they call it a comparison) .. JEALOUSY ??Probably ... and Highly illegaland All from a "Company" that still has the main links on there website set to MSFS 98 and DIRECTX 6 ????Come On !:)

Dear minus 5 points,It's a better product!

TOTALLY Irrelevant !!Whoever has the better product (I havent seen theirs and I dont see there name in our customer list) it is NOT right to Flame another product in the name of Advertising ??Jeeez ,"Dont buy a FORD they are CRAP... buy a CHRYSLER they are better!"Yeah Right !

seriously though, flaming or no flaming, and objective replies only please, does anyone know what these guys are offering? Sounds like they may have a brilliant flight model, but will they have all the various systems, overhead, MCDU, etc. etc. modelled to a comparable standard as the Phoneix product???And Phoenix, perhaps this could be a little cue for you to do an unbeatable Airbus 340 really really quickly...??? :-) well, I wish anyway.... :-)Sunil Mulay

>Whoever has the better product (I havent seen theirs and I dont see >there name in our customer list) it is NOT right to Flame another >product in the name of Advertising ??I remember the Cola wars in the US in the 80's, that seemed to be legal and acceptable advertising. This doesn't seem to be much different. Don't know about outside the US though.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Hi Graham,I would not be to concerned. Their website is far worse than yours use to be! (grin). i.e. the Boeing Glass Cockpit is 3dfx compatible....There are similiar "guess the product" commercials that show here in states. Sound great, but have no clue on what they are selling.By the way, I am the proud owner of your Airbus series. Just took delivery and still have a lot to read and practice. It is fun learning the Airbus procedures.... thanks.Have fun!BobP :)

Comparing advertisements are allowed in Germany, so they aren't doing anything illegal. You guys have released the first try to simulate Airbus FBW in FS, and so you are guys everybody has to compete with and of course all upcoming FBW Products will be compared with your Bus - you have to live with that :)And to be honest, if I think of some posts in your forum about other products, you aren't innocent angels either... ;)

From what I can tell Apollo's been workin on these things for like 2 years. The same ad for these products has been on their website for well over a year. The addition of the help file, and the comparisions to PSS is obviously very recent.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Guest Phoenix

Racko I don't think you will find a single example in our forum or anywhere else where we have compared ourselves to another product except in response when we have been compared. Then you will find our response has been on point dealing with the difference. It is PSS's policy not to compare ourselves or to say anything about our competitors' products. We feel that every product stands on its own.Robert KirklandPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Well, you didn't start a thread with a comparsion, that's right. But some statements about competing Products, namely Eurowings Prof., were not really very nice and friendly.. - However you are right, I won't find an example, because all threads i can think of were deleted :)What I wanted to express in my first post - you guys should relax, phoenix-1s post was flaming at it's best, and I think we all should wait until we can get our hands on the Apollo product - so far there is only a PDF file and an anouncement, and I haven't figured out how to use PDFs in FS, so I'll stay with the PSS Airbus ... ;)

Guest Phoenix

Racko I think you need to read their press release I think using terms like "so-called professional", implying that we merely copied a Boeing air file and that we had no professional pilots testing our product is a little more than flaming. If they want a comparison, then I suggest they get a third party to do it as do the Consumer Unions. And maybe they ought to try fewer insults and get there facts straight.What they did was as my daughter says "slimy". Robert KirklandPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest The Ancient Brit

BobP,My reading of the Apollo site is that a navigation system

Look at the homepage on their website. I