Sign in to follow this  
Guest mmdk5

fly!1 repainting and testing

Guest mmdk5

hello everyone. i posted this on the general discussion...but i thought id go a bit more specific. i have fly!1. i have had for a few years but it was only when i came here that i realised its full potential. i was just wondering if anyone knew of a free and easy way to repaint aircraft if fly 1. also if anyone is wanting a tester (also for fly 1 projects) please dont hesitate to contact me. my email address is mmdk5@hotmail.com. thanx again!

Guest jomar111

hello mark!repainting for fly 1 is not very difficult. I haven't done any repainting for Fly1 in a very long time but as I remember, there was a tutorial for it, try the AVSim file library for tutorials specifically for fly 1, one that comes to mind is one by Paul Bart Simpson here called "first files to modify" First set searchPodFileFirst=1 to 0 in the fly.ini filethen extract the .epd file for the plane which you want to repaintfiles will be created in the "art","data","World", "Vehicles", & "models" directories in the "Fly!" folderthe basics of repainting is opening *.Raw files (*.act are their "clut" << color look up table >> or palette) ex.: uno123.raw and the corresponding clut: uno123.act.you must use raw2bmp to convert .Raws to BMP and open the file with a paint program and start using your talent, then reconvert the .bmp to .raw (Note: you can only use 8-bits of color on .Raws).Save your files to the art folder (using the same name) and start up fly! and see your handy workBut your best bet it to either look on AVSim for Paul Bart Simpson's tutorial called "First Files to Modify" if you can't find it on AVSim, search on google.com or yahoo.comGood LuckRoman

Guest mmdk5

thanx 4 ur help. ill try wat u sed...but i would prefer a copy of sumfing like pauls tutorial....so if any1 has this or something similar....could they send me it cos ive got alot of good ideas (all of coarce for fly!1) eg. air force one, ryanair (european airliner), easy jet etc etc. again feel free to send me planes and stuff 4 fly!1 for testing. thanx again :)