Sign in to follow this  

Microsoft Force feedback profile needed for Fs2002

I have had Microsoft force feedback 2 for awhile and I have not gotten the thing to act right. When I use the Fs2000 profile I get errors pop up looking for scenery profile or something like that. If I use the generic cessna one I get no force feedback. Does anyone have a working force feed back profile that they can sent me. ThanksDaveDavid AlbrightFAA Flight dispatcherSingle and Mult-engine rated pilot

My FF2 works with F2K under XP (how's that for acroynms :>) and I did use the 2000 profile. Did you install the FF2 software and, if so, does the stick work in test mode? What OS? Running FSUPIC or not?I had to edit some of the aircraft.cfg files to get it working properly, but the Cessna 182 works fine for me. One thing I'd try for sure is erasing your F2K config file and restarting -- I needed to do that one time when I lost all FF. Also, I found MS support folks *very* helpful on this issue (when I lost all my FF they walked me through this). When all else fails, give them a call (you have 90 days free support from the first time you call).

I get scenery error when I use any of the fs2000 profiles ie Fs2000 profile or the jet ranger profile. I getting an error message something like "missing C:Microsoft hardwareprofilescenerydbafdfiles....." That is as close as I can remember the error from the top of my head. The funny part is that Fs2002 is on "D" drive. I am also having a problem geting the jet ranger to get force feedback. I am really puzzled by this. I hope someone has a clue on why this is happening or it is happening to them too.David AlbrightFAA Flight dispatcherSingle and Mult-engine rated pilot

>I get scenery error when I use any of the fs2000 profiles ie >Fs2000 profile or the jet ranger profile. I getting an error >message something like "missing C:Microsoft >hardwareprofilescenerydbafdfiles....." That is as close >as I can remember the error from the top of my head. The >funny part is that Fs2002 is on "D" drive. Yeah, but that's not what it's telling you. It's saying it has a problem with the hardware profile files, which *are* on your C: drive.I'm telling you, call MS and I'll bet they can fix this for you in one twenty minute phone call.