Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jacebriggs

Can truespace V3.2 be used to Design FLYII Planes

Guest Jacebriggs

Hi everbody... just a quick question. I've downloaded Truespace V3.2 so I could have a go at designing aircraft for FlyII. But it would appear that it does not export a model as S3d. Is there a way to convert .cob models to .s3d format. IF anyone could give me some advice on this, i'd be most thankful.Jason Briggs.

Guest tlc8126

Jason,Chris Wallace created a utility to translate the .COB and .SCN files from TrueSpace3.X into formats used by Fly! II. It's called 'TS2S3D', or TrueSpace to S3D. '.S3D' is the format Fly! II uses for 'static' models. Aircraft are '.ACM' files, and are 'Articulated' or created with "KeyFrames", and I don't think that TS2S3D handles KeyFrame files (comments welcom from forum members).I looked for the file in both the Fly! and Fly! II Development Files areas and didn't find it. I am sure there are copies out there that the forum members would be happy to send to you. I have TS 3.2 (rarely use it...) and a copy of TS2S3D v1.0 (Beta 5). Your welcome to a copy if you send me your email address (see profile info). I'll reply as soon as I can.If any one knows if Chris Wallace actually finished out the TS2S3D (so its not a 'Beta') please comment. Any other useful tips would also be welcome. (I.E. TS3.x allows exports to 3DStudio ASCII or '.ASC' format. Is there a way to export this format and convert it to .ACM or .S3D?)Additional:I stand corrected. Chris appears to have a web page on the subject of using TrueSpace and his conversion utility at http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/flytoolsI just checked and it is still there (appears a bit dated - only by a some months). Still, it sounds like this is what you are looking for.Check out his tutorial on using Articulated models as well - he indicates it can be done, and shows how to do it!Tom C