Sign in to follow this  
dlhusk

Lake Thurmond,SC/Augusta,Ga-POD File for Fly! II

I uploaded my first effort at creating POD files for Fly! II with Terrascene 2.1 today. It is called clarkhill.zip. I want to publicly thank Ken Salter for hints and tips. If anyone takes a look at it I would appreciate any comments,good or bad about it. Hope you like it.If you take off from Daniel Field in Augusta,Ga (DNL) and fly upriver you will see Lake Turmond Dam and after that is Lake Thurmond, formerly known as Clark Hill before it was renamed. Lake Thurmond is a large man made reservoir.Lots of water..Enjoy!Dan Husk

Hi Dan,Congrats on uploading your first TerraScenery! I've been involved in a 2-year project to TerraScene all of the Carolinas and make them available to the Flying! public and am only a couple of global tiles from being finished. I am away from home right now so I can't check my charts, but one of the last global tiles will include some of the same areas you've rendered.I wanted to make sure you would know about it - my scenery isn't meant to compete with yours, but to dovetail with my existing scenery packs and contain all of the USGS updates that have been included in the rest of the project.

Randall Rocke

Guest desmondw

Hi Dan, First thankyou for your excelent scenery addition to our flight sim, I have just made a flight up to the Dam & really enjoyed the trip.The only thing I would like to see is that the scenery pod have the Windows explorer file with it so it wouldn't have to be put in the Shared scenery folder as I understand that if it is in the shared folder it is loaded into RAM every time FLY!! is loaded using valuable memory, maybe causing some systems to really slow up, the dreaded 4fps.Thanks Desmond

Randall,Sorry I took so long in writing back. I had surgery and have taken awhile to get back in the thick of things. I am glad that you are doing the scenery for Soth Carolina and no, I will not mind you using mine, would be honored. let me know how you are doing with it.Thanks,Danny

Desmond, Sorry about leaving the Windows Explorer Command file out. Here it is if you still want it. Glad that you enjoyed the trip.Danny