Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

3ds max for $25!!

Guest tonyc

The other day, I happened to look at some books on 3d max and, to my surprise, I noticed that the "dummies" series includes a full trial cd of 3dmax 5. I purchased it and , to my delight, I have the TRI export module that converts 3d models into s3d files easily. The trial will last for 30 days before it can no longer be used. So, reinstall the cd and continue..... 3d max 6 will not recognize the TRI plugins, but 5 does. What a bargain . Go get yourself a copy of 3ds max 5 for dummies and start designing airpalnes. Use the mdldfx converter and all the fs2000 models come to life in minutes.tony

G'day Tony,Tony is that the yellow and black cover series of books you are talking about? Is the full title of the book "3DsMax For Dummies"?? I need a good book on 3dsmax. Does 3dsMax 5 require Win XP operating system.I think you may have trouble just re-installing to overcome the 30 day limit. I had a demo copy of TurboCad and for the life of me I couldn't get it to reinstall.Good luck with your project.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest tonyc

Yes, Roger. It's the book with the yellow and black cover. The 3d max 4 bible also a 30 day full trial cd. It's a better book, but the price is $50. About the 30 day limit...., I have not tried it yet, but I believe that once you save your files and uninstall 3dmax from the system completely, a reinstall would start the 30 day countdown again. Another thing to try( I will right after this messge) is to set back the computer date, and this at times keeps a program running. Or else ;-), you've got 30 days to create a beautiful 3d model for FLY. You cannot believe how the TRI plug in simplifies aircraft making for FLY2!tony

Guest Eagle

Tony, I wish you luck on reinstalling and if it works I will be one happy fellow.I tried it after the 30 day limit and was unable to reinstall. I believe the program writes to an area on disk that I have not found. I have checked the registry and deleted all references but that still does not help in the reinstallation. I know that Steve Brown uses the trial program and has been able to continue using even after the 30 day limit. You may want to contact him.

Guest CaptainJ

People,One more timeBelieve me, try out this website video's www.3dbuzz.com sign up go to the download section and download the video's. They are a much more great of help then these books. The books doesn't cover everything and are talking about the basics! I have got a few books but are written if they where mend to be used by profesionals. Those free video tutorials helped me alot........... But hey if you need that trail CD, 25$ is very cheaptake care 3D buddies,

Guest tonyc

Wayne,3d max falls into that software cat that issues a c-dill, a type of spyware that communcates with the software vendor. This is a form of live protection.. Oh well, 1 month x 30dys x24= 720 hours divided into 25= .04 cents /hour. Not bad if one goes out and buys several books until a plane is born.tony