Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

Ta- dahhh....................

G'day all,:-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy:-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy:-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy:-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy:-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy:-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpyStarting to get the idea. Boy am I a slow learner :-lolCheers,Roger

Guest Eagle

That is one fine plane, Roger and long overdue. If you need some one to test fly her, let me know.

Guest tonyc

OK, now I am jelous, Roger. You're beating me to it. It's looking great. I hope to get mine to look just as good. Roger, the Electra did not have all the passenger windows. In my eagerness to test fly it, I optimized the model. Now the model appears to have a polygon , a long one, right where I need to add 4 or 5 windows. I can't figure it out. I thought I could add a few verices and then make the triangle look more like a long rectangel, into which then I would place the windows. Any ideas?tony

G'day Roger,WOW! So you've started building planes as well as painting them! Ataboy! Looks fantastic. I think I always knew you had it in you. Great work. I'm looking forward to flying this one. If you need a tester, please just email it to me. I'll do my best to break her.Take care,Earl

G'day Tony,Mate no need to be jealous! I've been at 3dsmax on and off for about 18 months and still haven't yet got an aircraft into Fly!II. You've only been at it for a couple of months and are streets ahead.!!As to your window problem I make windows using the boolean cut (a-:( operator. I'm not certain but I dont think the fact that you have optimised your model will have any effect. Create a box the shape of your desired window and position it into position. Select body and then boolean operator (a-:(, then click pick operand and click on the box. The box will disappear and a window will then be cut into the fuselage. The diagonal you are worried about will be cut and a vertex created on each side of the cutout where the diagonal meets the window cutout. Clean up the cutout of any extra vertexes and detach the window polygon as a window pane. Follow Jeans Sabatiers tutorial on window making. It's very good.Cheers,Roger