Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

Baby got new clothes(pic)

Guest tonyc

Modeling a FLY2 plane is crazy. There I was. Not knowing anything about 3d modeling, animation, skinning, texturing, flight modeling, etc. , and after months of love and desperation, the baby starts to look more and more human. Here you see the fuselage that I've textured( using an existing fs texture) so as to keep my work load to a sane level. I must admit that the texturing part, that is, to take the model from 3d to a 2d , which is called uv mapping,and then applying the paint, was the most difficult part to understand. I finally got it. I must have gone through dozens of tutorials for this. The flight model is coming along just fine. I started working on the panel, so that I can make the Alpha available for others to help me clean it up. I intend to write a small addendum to Jean's wonderful tutorial. For now, here's a pic at Lax airport.tony

Guest tonyc

thanks to Panel Maker, this new panel took only a few hours. this panel will follow the same "restrictions" of the msfs panels, that is, only the captain's instrument gauges are visible. No copilot.It should be a bit more fps friendly and , of course, will set new ground for future panels. Some of you may criticize this approach, but I am trying my best to make a new model and live to enjoy it.tony

Guest roland_lfor

Hi Tony,I'm really impressed by your learning capabilities Tony !IncredibleI can't wait to fly it !I've never found Panel Maker on Lib, where did you get it ?Take care - roland -

Guest tonyc

Send me your e-mail to tell me that you want a copy. Mathew distributed it to beta members by e-mail, but he never objected to giving copies to other interested members. This program is not "perfect", but it does 90% of what otherwise would be very time consuming. Oh, thank you for the compliment. tony

Guest tonyc

thanks, Steve. I must confess that this is like Apocalypse Now, the movie. It's like a long, winding river whose next turn is full of surprises--hopefully all pleasant. ;-)tony

Guest tonyc

Hi Steve.I would like to see the hanger have the early Lockeed aircraft logo, which if one serfs the net, can see in some of the early photos. I am hoping that the introduction of the Electra will create an interest in the early days of aviation( read, grass strips and old hangars)as well as more tailwheel aircrafts. Now that I've figure out a lot of 3d design, I will convert the FLY1 dc3 next. I forget which airport Lockeed got started, but if you search some of the early messages from me to Wayne, you can find the airport name. In the meantime, here's the logo that the aircraft will have. This logo is what the company's hangers would have Thanks .Tony

Guest tonyc

Alejandro, can you e-mail me? I will be working on a second taildragger and would it not want it to be the same one...;-)tony