Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

Is anyone using FLY! edit with win xp?

Guest tonyc

The FLY! program works fine, but when I load FLY edit I get an error.Just curious to knwo if this is compatible with win xp and perhaps I need to do something.tony

Tony,I have used the Fly Editor with Win XP and have not noticed any great problems.I have not used it for a while and certainly not since I switched to Direct X 9 but don't think that should affect it.I'm sure others with XP will comment too.:-wave

Guest Eagle

I have had no problem using the FlyII Editor with XP. I do have a problem in that some of the changes move after I close the Editor. Not all the time, just on some of the changes.

Guest tonyc

Wayne, my apologies for not being more clear. I was referring to FLY1( not FLY2) editor.tony

Guest Colins2

Hi Tony,I did try but as you say, it didn't work.I guess the main reason is the different elevation format.The default terrain format is the same as are the databases.The database editor works fine, but it is not as easy as Fly2's editor to use.Why did you want to use it? (Just curious)Colin

Guest tonyc

Hi Colin. My interest was to learn more about aircraft modeling. I have almost completed an aircraft( for FLY2) with 3d max. FS DEsign Studio apparently can export models to FLY1 and 2, except that the animation of different aircrafat parts is not clear. I thought I would take a look at the editor of FLY1 to see what is there with regard to animating parts, since the manual indicates that it's with the editor that one animates aircrafts. FSDS is inexpensive and for some it might be the tool to use for dozens of already made fs aircrafts. So, I do remember open it a few years ago. Now with Win xp , FLY works fine, but the editor fails to open. It might be related to directx version.....tony

Guest Colins2

Hi Tony,I've been following your plane's development with great interest :-)Unfortunately, my computer died last night so I can't check anything at the moment. I still have both versions of Fly installed but I can't remember the last time I used Fly!1.Colin

Guest tonyc

It's ok, Colin. I have FSDS and apparently the FLY1 editor has the animation options. I was just curious...tony