Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

Help with ........textures

G'day Steve, Mate you are a genius! :-) Why didn't I think of that. *:-* I use ignore backfacing a lot during the model building but it never occurred to me that it would affect the convert to editable mesh. I haven't tried out your tip yet but it would certainly explain my random double sided texturing.Much appreciated tip. ThanksCheers,Roger @YSSY

G'day Steve,You are still eligible to join Mensa :-) but unfortunately the tip doesn't cure my problem. :-( - I really thought you had the cause of my texture problem. I had no problem doing the fuselage textures and the fin textures. The only difference I can see is that the "Gizmo" is on the "Y" plane for the wings and I'm working in the top and bottom viewports whereas it was on the "X" plane for the fuselage and fin and I was working on the left and right viewports. I must be doing something very fundamentally wrong somehow as no matter how I try I cannot assign different textures to the upper and lower surfaces of a wing.Ah well; back to the drawing board.Thanks for the tip. Cheers,Roger

Guest sabatier

Hi RogerBeen away some time from FLY. But back again now.Please feel free to contact me, I would be happy to help.Regards to all

G'day Steve,I've already checked that is NOT selected. Thanks for still thinking of ways to help. I've now got the model textured all except the windows. I'm happy enough with the same texture on both the upper and lower surfaces of the wings. It will only prove a problem should someone ever want to do a repaint that requires rego etc. ( and I think it will also save space on the *.tif file. )Cheers,Roger

G'day Jean,Great to hear from you Jean. I've been following your tutorials which have been really great and have managed to almost get a model ready for import into Fly! II. I just have a few "issues" to sort out in my head regarding texturing. Thanks for the offer to help. I will send an email.Good to hear from you.Cheers,RogerPS model so far. I'm showing my age. :-)

Guest tonyc

Welcome back, Sabatier. And your tutorials are simply fantastic.tony