Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

I need pic of 3d max TRI plugin

Guest tonyc

I had to reload 3d max after reinstalling my win xp OS. Of course, the settings for the TRI plug ins were lost, and now I cannot test the models without getting an error whenever I try to load the model in the Keyframe editor. In the past, this was attributed to some confusion regarding how this plug in was configured. Specifically, the output directory. Can someone upload a pic this plug in so I can see what, if anything, is different about my configuration. Thanks.tony

Guest CaptainJ

Hi Tony,No problem! here's mine. Not sure what you mend with output directory. I have an output directory outside the Fly! folder. And place all my exported files manually to the directory where they belong in Fly! It's just more like an old habbit :-) make a habbit to add a note for scaling factors of you have more projects at the same time. It saves you a lott of anger! Take care http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/96783.jpg

Guest tonyc

this is interesting,Captain. YOu show 29 frames instead of 30. I have a scale factor of 12 vs your 1.65, and you don't have the "scale textures to 256.. and Automatically run TGA.." checked on.tony

Guest CaptainJ

Tony Alex,Oeps sorry my mistake I thought I had the slider put on 30 framesThe scalling can be controlled within Max but it's no big deal if you have your ratio at 12 against my 1.6! as long the model in Fly is represented in the correct scale. I have no idea about those texture sizes I never had problems with it leaving the box unchecked.I let the export tool convert my bmp files (used on the model in 3D max material library) into tga files because the Fly! edior doesn't allow bmp files.....Take care,

Guest tonyc

Well, thaks, Jarno. I got the tri plug in workinga gain by simply copying yours and not checking the "texture" boxes. As for the scale, I think I have 3dmax scale settings in feet....., I double checked several times--unless TRI modelers use some other setting...tony

Guest CaptainJ

Hi Tony,I simply don't work with feets or other messurments. I load up a 3-view drawing in the background. most of the time it's to small so if I have to scale a cylinder or box it goes real slow with the "select and non-uniform scale" button. So what I do is (when I have the main objects which is hard to make without the 3-view drawing) I scale my project very big, so the scaling of little objects like cylinder, box, etc. goes easier.When it's all done I leave my scale factor 1 and load it up in the fly editor and see how many it differs to the real plane. After that I calculate my scale factor (demensions from the fly editor) with the real plane. After I got my new calculated scale factor, I put this in the scale factor box in the export tool from TRI in Max. And finally I have a real scale model in Fly! II

Guest tonyc

Oh, I see, Jarno. Thanks. It will help me in my next model.tony