Sign in to follow this  
flyfisher

Aorangi / Mt. Cook runway NZ

Part of the runway is surrounded by water which I am unable to change with Ground Type Transformer. globe Tile 120,93; ground tiles 62,30 and 63,30 see attachments.Is you use scenery editor you will see a different image as I have changed some of the tiles.What do I need to do to correct this?Thanks,:-hmmm

Guest Colins2

Hi Ian,It looks like you have to edit the GTP file :-)This file tells Fly! where to draw coastlines.I did a quick search for Aorangi airport but couldn't find a decent map.Is it on a river or lake?Colin

Colin,Aorangi is the Maori name for Mt. Cook.The runway is not too far from the Tasman glacier which arises in Mt Tasman and forms the Tasman river which flows into Lake Pukaki.

Guest Colins2

Ian,I found that out with my 'little bit of research' this morning.Whay I meant was; where the runway protrudes into the water, is it actually there?Is there a river or lake at the end of the runway?I guess that there must be something of the sort for Fly! to have it.Assuming that there is something (watery) there then you really need to edit the shoreline / riverbank in the GTP file.Once again, TerraScening the area, assuming you have good local data, will alleviate the problem. If you want just default terrain, your only option is to edit the GTP files themselves.The only way I know to edit these files is by using TerraShape, available on my hangar site. There's a 'sort of tutorial' in there showing how I corrected Nice. It's not as difficult as it may seem at first and there is absolutely nothing to lose. If you edit a GTP, you put it in the ..data folder. If it doesn't work, or you don't like the result, just delete it.Your original GTP file remains intact in the .POD.CheersColin

Colin,I checked out the runway at Berrygelderblom and it has a river to the west and the larger Tasman glacier/river to the south/east.I'll have a go with TerraShape.Thanks,:-beerchug Ian