Sign in to follow this  
Guest laurentC

Scenery sounds

Guest laurentC

Hi all,To continue with the Danieletona previous post related to sounds in sceneries, I prepared a first dll that associates a sound to an object (or many) in a Snn scenery file.The zip (link below : 63 Kb) contains a complete example and descriptions of the way the dll can be used.This is a first attempt and it needs probably some improvements ...BTW sounds are not yet attached to posts, then I'm sorry I can't give here an example, eh, eh !http://rotw.simvol.org/beta/Project_Scener...S_SOUND_v10.zipCheers,laurentC (rotw)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/106650.gif

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Laurent,can you check that ZIP file please!I loaded it two times but it seems to be corrupted, tried StuffIt and WinZip.Thanks a lotGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW

Guest danieletona

Hi Laurent,thanks and compliments for your job. :-beerchug The DLL works but I has discovered a small BUG. :-( Because the DLL correctly works it needs to apply a sound to all the objects of a scenery. Example:If in a scenery I have three objects and I only apply a sound to a model, the DLL it doesn't work.Thanks still for your collaboration.Dan

Guest laurentC

Hi Dan,I tried to add some trees to the D022171 data scenery I provided in the example and it works even if I have only three models with sounds and 5 without sound.See the scenerya.s01 below (txt format file included) ...But I noticed the sound type is important in order to have it work properly. I initially put the firebell.wav which has two related files (: firebell.vol and firebel.klp) and I saw that when the firebell was used all the other sounds were firebell !!! I think this kind of wav must be avoid and rather prefer raw wav files like the 172stall.wav file I put in place of the initial firebell.wavCheers,laurentC http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/106785.gif

Guest danieletona

Hi Laurent,I have understood. A small trick that was escaped me :-)I retryDan

Guest laurentC

Also Dan, remember to place each noisy object beyond the distance set in the wobj dll setting ... 0.5 NM right now... otherwise sounds are rendered in a messy way.HeliFlyer : I'll post the files non zipped for you.Cheers,Laurent

Guest danieletona

Thanks Laurent.For a correct installation:The objects with sound must be position for last?It is worthwhile to create two files VOL and KLP associating them to a sound "mute"?Dan

Guest laurentC

Hi Dan,I don't think the "sound" objets have to be placed at the end of the file. The dll should find by itself the names ID of the wobj.I'm not expert enough with sounds for the second question : I just noticed that sounds with VOL and KLP worked badly ... you need to experiment that issue ...Take care,laurentC

Guest Fly II Pilot

Laurent,Do you automatically loop the sound file or do you play is just once?If you're looping it maybe the problem is that it's double looping it because that's what the KLP file is used for. The VOL is simply the volume so that shouldn't matter.Just my 2 cents...http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Guest HeliFLYer

Thank you Laurent,now I could test your work and I had no problems except the already described "*.KLP" files and the persisting sound.But after all another possiblity for scenery enhancing!Georg HeliFLYer EDDW

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Alejandro,do you have some information about the *.KLP format?I could not find it searching the Forum or looking into the SDK.pdf/flyscript.pdf.Some time ago I read that the 3 numbers describe playing once/loop, the time of playing ...Mostly I found a format like this1 0 0OR1 53528 0Any ideas?Thanks a lot in advanceGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW

Guest Fly II Pilot

Georg,I can't get my sound editor to work in order to verify what I'm about to write. In fact, I can't get my sound card to work properly...Anyway, from what I recall the second is the point at which it should loop. I don't think I tried changing the first and last values. Maybe you can make it start at a point other than the very beginning. I'd have to try it...Sorry,http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg