Sign in to follow this  
Guest laurentC

Scenery sounds

Guest HeliFLYer

Alejandro,anyway, thank you very much for your prompt answer. Might be someone knows better. Just read about Chris Wallace Wiki idea. That's really great for collecting technical infos we need.RegardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW

Guest laurentC

Hi all,If you want and if you think it deserves to take some time to improve the dll I can try to manage a better way to use sound in sceneries.We can have looping sounds so far ... but maybe some loop controlled sound would be better ? I don't know what the sound scenery need to do for I never purchased the MSFS counterpart. The risk in non looping sound files is that the sounds may occur when you're too far from the object to ear them ... then nothing else when you come closer !???Cheers,laurent

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Laurent,as for me I see very limited use of scenery sound in a flight simulator because you won't hear so much inside an aircraft.What is of interest for me is already covered by your dll (at least I think so until I have done some further tests).I could think of static aircraft on the ground with running engines (-> SOUND) and light on (your other dll) and I don't know if there is a possiblity to have flashing coloured strobes on static objects.That really could improve an airport scenery, especially at night.Or another application: emergency senery with hooting of sirens.Just as a feedback for you, otherwise there might be such a "lost" feeling after doing so much work for our sim ..RegardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW

Guest Fly II Pilot

Georg,Regarding your question about static objects with lights. It IS possible to do so at least with ground vehicles, but (to the best of my knowledge) you are limited to white, red and green colors. Spot lights (with a cone) can only be white.You can change their behavior by using the strobe and beacon functions of the ELT file, or a flasher from the AMP file.Regards,http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Guest HeliFLYer

Thank you Alejandro,I will have a look at these files as these features really could enhance the airport sceneries. And I think I may ask you if there are some questions left ..But this weekend I will have a look at the FLY! wiki stuff as I find it very important to contribute. I got much knowledge by searching this forum but there are 3 bad aspects: first you can only find what you ask for. Second there might be some information hidden in "the old forum" which was mentioned sometimes but I never could find it. Third is the time you need to have a look at all the posts which are displayed after you make a search.So Alejandro, one of the keepers of the FLY! secrets: you gave so many valuable help here. Would be nice to sample some of your answers and put it in the wiki.I will then first have a look at the AMP file and try do do a (coloured?) flasher. Would be great ..But - as TonyC always tells us - we should not forget to FLY!. So I split my spare time into 3 parts: FLY!ing, Forum/testing new things and programming my Landsat7 stuff. It all gets slow but it's a HOBBY!Have a nice weekend, I just made a walk with the dog through the new fallen snow here in Bremen.Best regardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW