Sign in to follow this  
Lord_Rixk

A tree problem

I have found several models of single trees (and one of a group of winter trees) to be used in fly! II scenery design, however I haven't been able to find any groups of trees large enought to be categorized as a forest.this may sound a bit silly as a request, but i am working in the london scenery and kent scenery for the UK, which when finished will prtobably contain a very large amount of models, and having to use quite a lot of single trees to populate the numerous parks around the city will unnecesarily put strain on the frame rates.my request is, does any of you have trees designed in .cob format for truespace 3.2, or else forests (say 1/2 mile by 1/2mile) in either .bin or .smf formats for fly!/fly!II?or else do you know of a good place to download them from?I would appreciate any input on the matterRegards Dannote: if you have models which are not yet loaded on a website and are small enough for mail sending, drop me a line at DarkDr3am@opermail.comCheers

Tx SteveI have not yet been able to find a suitable model to work with and solve the lil prob, Im now looking into the Fly! database to see if anyone has made anything there, and I beleive there is a program that can convert all the .Bin files to .smf, Im hoping to have the vfr scenery ready in 2 weeks time (holidays from work), and if possible i will add forests where applicable.I would be glad to try ur modelcheers m8Dan

Guest Steve Brown

I have a tree model I made myself, but its only in .smf and its only big enough (the model) to be classed as a wood. I would gladly let you use it if you would like it. Also, though Im not sure when, I could make you a larger model or models, to build up to make the size of Forest you need. The only thing is, I seem to get a glow around the trees when viewed close up. But from afar its OK. Z buffer problem in fly2.!!!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/110643.jpg Steve[divalign=center]http://www.wrexhamspace.org/sig.jpg][/divNASA ATX Graduatehttp://www.wrexhamspace.org

It Looks the bussiness m8, Im sure I can multiply the numbers a bit if necessary to make up for a forest.My email Address is DarkDr3am@Operamail.comonce again, Thanks SteveDan

HiYou can use Zmodeler V1.7 (its free now) to confert SMF to BIN Files (and even X-Files for MSFS).This is the tool I use for my sceneriesI my szeneries are several groups of trees (Ried, Fuerstenfel).You can use them if you like them.Harald

Cheers m8I'll Try that, I have a couple of models on designed only for Fly! which I would like to incorporate into fly! 2 using the .smf form, I knew there was a program on the database but i couldnt remember the name.ThanksDan