Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

A pod question

Guest tonyc

I still cannot configure a pod so that the files in this pod take precedence over the same files in in the original aircraft.pod. What am I doing wrong?tony

Guest tonyc

I am a little lost here, Alex. Perhaps an easy way to show how it's done is to take my md-80 cockpit mod and pod it. I have modded the 727 and simply want to create a pod rather than individual files. You can find it in the Avsim library, and perhaps email me the pod with how you did it. Hope this is not too much for you.tony

G'day Tony,There are several forces in play here Tony.If the file is exactly the same then don't include it in your new project. If somewhere in your project the file is called it will still be found in the original pod. In other words for your project to work the original aircraft pod will have to be in the aircraft directory.If you modify a file then change the name of the file is the better option. I have just finished the Jabiru based on the Cessna. Attached is a list of the response file. For the Cessna files I modified all I did is just altered the names with _jab added to the names. This of course means that the name must be also changed in the file that calls the modified files. The new name didn't have to incorporate the Cessna name, I just did that to remind myself of the origin of the graphic. If you modify the files but keep the same name then don't pod it up as a lower mount value because if you do you will not be able to get the original aircraft to work. Whenever a common file is called fly! will always pick up your modified files. When looking for a file fly! doesn't just look in the actual aircraft pod. It will look in all pods in the aircraft directory, until it finds the file (starting with the lower mount pods - where it will find your modified file). If I simply kept the Cessna filenames and podded up with a lower mount number ( 999 ) then the Cessna would work but with the Jabiru graphics :-)Cheers Roger

Guest laurentC

Tony,When you use the Fly files editor (Ctrl+Fly! at startup) some buttons show up ... select the file manager button then make a pod from a responsive file (option 4). In the dialog you are asked which pod you want (pod2 is default) then set pod3 and extra data is asked like mount priority : here put a value less than 1000 and you pod will have much priority than the higher valued. NB : the responsive file goes in the main Fly! rootHope this helps somehow.Cheers,laurent

Guest tonyc

thanks everyone. It's great to have people like you with good, knowlegeable answers.tony