Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

"unable to open response file" errror

Guest tonyc

In the editor I clicke the creat a response file from Pod; gave it a name and the program creates a response file and places it in the root directory. When I try to create a pod file from a response file , I get the above error. what am I doing wrong? Also is FLY2 editor the only way to create a pod 2?tony

Guest Fly II Pilot

Tony,You can also use DragPodder for POD 2, which is extremely easy to use. Basically, you launch it and then you drag and drop into the window the files that you want to POD. It doesn't get any easier...Also, can you attach the reponse file that Fly! II created to your response?http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Guest laurentC

Hi Tony,You need to have the responsive file in the main root ... where Fly! creates it first, and you have to give the filename + the actual extension when asked (but not the filepath).Anyway, the process do work ... I use it continously.Take care,laurent

Guest laurentC

... recently I have found a handy way to proceed : when I prepare my responsive file I also add the responsive file to the list (placed in the main root) in order to have it ready when I want to pod again the files (just have to unpod all the podded files in their initial folders) and I also add a copy of the responsive file to the list, but with the extension .bat this time (auto executable file) and with"del" in the first place of any item in the list.As an example :the makepodfile.txt hasART/AFILE.PBMART/AFILE.ACTthen my deletepodfiles.bat hasdel ART/AFILE.PBMdel ART/AFILE.ACTWhen my pod is created I just need to click the deletepodfiles.bat file to be sure to remove all the files from the folders and roots. You just need to place the :del deletepodfiles.bat as the very last item in the list !Cheers,laurentC

Guest tonyc

ah, ok, the extension name is required....tony

Guest tonyc

You're right about Dragpodder. I was confused about pod 2, pod 3, and the "mount" aspects of poddint.Somehow the ROTWdc9 is a pod 2. When I podded my dc9 cockpit mod as a pod3 but with a 999 priority, the pod failed to work. I needed, therefore, a way to create a pod 2 and see what happens. My understanding is this can only be accomplished with the fly editor. Once Laurent mentioned that the response file, when entered, must be entered with the extension name, it all made sense and the dc9cockpit mod, as a pod 2, appears to work with the original rotwdc9 very nicely. I needed to learn this because of several other mods that I am working on and wish to upload them as pods. Thanks for the wonderful assistance, Alex.tony

Guest roland_lfor

That's right Tony,DragPoder is able to create only POD3 format, and extract POD2 /POD3.- roland -* ROTW member *