Sign in to follow this  
Guest CaptKramer

Wanna buy FLYII and really fix it ??

Guest CaptKramer

Maybe YOU, yes you, could write all of your many flight sim enthusiast friends and ask if they would be willing to put up $100USD each per unit of participation, and deposit the money in an escrow account in a bank until we have about 500-1,000 units pledged.I think that the company that owns FLY might listen to a cash offer.What are your thoughts?? CaptKramer (email: solomonkramer@yahoo.com)

G'day CaptKramer,This idea has been around for quite some time. The basic problem is that most peolple don't realise how expensive the idea is. There is approximately a $ 3,000,000 US investment in the production of the Fly! simulation to date. Lets see; at $ 100 US per unit we would have to rake in 30,000 units. Because Fly! uses the same basic engine as some of the other titles of Terminal Reality I doubt TRI would give it away for a song.Also if writing a sim is ones idea of fun who is going to fork out hard earned money for the purpose of writing/modifying Fly! II when there is a perfectly good open source sim already in development ( Flightgear ) for free!! Hate to take the wind out of your sails mate but I really don't think the idea is feasible. - but it's a nice dream :-)Cheers,Roger

Guest Steve Brown

I agree Roger. Terminal Reality have had nothing but prods from Fly 2 fans for quite some time. No answer was the reply :-) This Basic Engine is still earning them good hard cash, why should they give it up? Especially when there other games may be earning them more money than the Fly series. If they do give it up, I think will be too late/or never!Our best, and probably only route for now (unless Tri have a shock for us all up there sleeve, hint hint Tri) are the high quality addons from F2FDesign and ROTW, and others who produce freeware in their spare time.All I can say is, thankyou Tri for giving us a Flight Simulator we are proud of. Do you like the way we are looking after it?Steve Brown[divalign=center]http://www.wrexhamspace.org/sig.jpg][/divNASA ATX Graduatehttp://www.wrexhamspace.org

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Roger, CaptKramer and all other FLY!ers,I fully agree with Roger's answer as far as BUYing FLY! is concerned.But I thought a lot how to get some necessary improvements into our FLY! to get it over the next years. Although I might blame myself a little for being so unrealistic, give me 2 minutes:TRI won't spend any $/EUR on FLY's further development. And I am sure they aren't interested to sell it. But what about if we paid them for doing some coding that would be necessary, ieA) a new DirectX 9.x output *.dll:( giving some more callback entry points in an improved FLY! SDK so that you can make some really TRUE and IMPORTANT plug-ins. (Austin Meyer, the author of X-Plane, started an impressive external development when he accepted the idea of a plugin system for X-Plane)C) improving grafic-card texture handlingD) clear some bugsAs TRI is developing modern games with the same core-design as FLY! it might not be very difficult to solve points A, B and C. If you seriously could offer them a nice sum of money they can pay their coders with I could not understood if they rejected the offer (or their selling games like Monster Truck Madness and others to M$ makes it impossible for them to do it???). TRI could use this development for own purposes and they could give a bunch of serial numbers to ROTW so that all FLY!ers who contributed with a payment could be given 1 (or 2..) official new releases of FLY!2-i.THE WEAK POINT IS THAT WE ARE ONLY A FEW FLY!ERS LEFT. I don't know how many DVD's ROTW could sell, but I doubt it was more than 200.To interest a company like TRI you should a least offer a sum from 30.000 to 50.000 EUR/$$$ - that would be 300 to 500 contributing FLY!ers - we won't get this number!Therefore I still will be dreaming what I could do with a lottery prize ..Thank you that I could share my ideas with you all!CheersGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW