Sign in to follow this  
Guest desmondw

NDB/DME Question?

Guest desmondw

Hi All, another teaser, I see from Randy's excelent tutorial on Databases that by adding the types of comms you can make combinations, & I have come across some of these NDB/DME's but am at a loss as to how to put in a Freq. to be able to read the DME as there is only one freq. line in Voledit & the NDB Freq's do not connect to either of the Nav's. I have tried making some using 24 as the type value & the NDB portion works perfect but no distance. Is there a way of doing this or does a person just have to make a stand alone DME. Not a big problem but would like to know if there is a way of achieving this.Thanks for any help on this.Desmond

Desmond,This is one of those items that just doesn't "combine". Just make each item separately and place them in the NAV database as existing at the same location - then each can have their own frequency.I am currently preparing some NAV and approach updates for some of Wayne's new Canadian airports. There are some stand-alone DMEs in Canada, so I'm placing them in the NAV database. They work just fine - you tune the DME into one of the NAV radios.

Randall Rocke

Guest desmondw

Hi Randy, Thankyou for your quick & informative reply. I look forward to your updates.Thanks Desmond