Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

fan blades.........questions

G'day all, When animating fan blades; is it done the same as for propellors? ie by modeling every blade, or is it done by modeling a single disc and painting the fan blades on the disc and rotating the disc.Cheers,Roger

Guest CaptainJ

Hi Roger,I'll recomend just like you said, modelling a single disc and aplly a texture over it. It saves a lott of poly's, quicker and you won't see the difference that much... For the texture you better go to airliners.net and hope to see a clear front shot of the engine intake of the aircraft you're modelling saves you the painting and get's a more realistic look effect.Jarno

G'day Jarno,Thanks for the quick reply. I'll go down the single disc path and see how it looks.Where would I be without all the help from you.Many thanks.Cheers,Roger