Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

Prop is out of control!

Guest tonyc

The right props disappear after angine start in the new emb120. In order to determine the cause, I removed all animation in 3dsmax for those props, including the rotation. Yet in FLY2, the props spin and disappear after throttle is applied. The left one is perfect. Only the right one is behaving odd. Any ideas? tony

Guest tonyc

here's the pic. Notice the right prop does not show up. I've checked everything, and can't figure it out.tony

G'day Tony,Ah the mystical art of the propellor. :-)It's easy to get all screwed up here. From what you are describing it appears that the RH Spinner declaration is not being correctly interpreted. Best guess would be that you may not be following the correct naming convention for the props. Take a look at another aircraft file (King air for example) and set up your file using same naming conventions.I had a heap of trouble with the Jabiru prop. It was very easy to confuse fly! II. Any chance you could post your *.eng file for examination?Cheers,Roger.

Guest tonyc

Hi, Roger. When you think you've got it right, somethings about FLY bite back very hard. The odd thing is that I took the files from the Kingair and simply changed those items that pertain to the new aircraft. Not having had any success, I took the ones from the Saab and now the prop works well. I notice, however, that it does not matter if the props are not animated in the 3d model: they work equally well. Anyway, thanks for the input and now I can go to the gears and flaps. They are very sophisticated, so I fear I will have to do a few iterations before they work right.tony