Sign in to follow this  
Guest laurentC

FlyLegacy from the start : settings

Guest roland_lfor

Thanks for tips Chris, it's working.I agree with Laurent about the help we could provide : it takes a sort of project manager that knows the architecture and the job to.I (we ?) have no idea about what the whole project should contains.- roland -

Guest Chris Wallace

Well, I can probably provide some suggestions if you let me know generally what type of areas you're interested in. From the "Development Status" page on the web site, pick an area that is substantially incomplete that you are interested in, and I can give you some guidance on where to focus the initial efforts. There is no priority of which major area needs to be done first since they are all mandatory.Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Guest Chris Wallace

One other thing guys...there are a million "todo" tags scattered through the code to fix bugs, fill in incomplete functionality, etc. Many of these should be quick fixes that you can use to get your feet wet. You can also see them on the ToDo list page on the Doxygen docs (I'm just regenerating them now).Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Guest laurentC

Hi Chris and all,That's fine with me : I'll see what can I do with gauges and subsystems.I installed the STLport library : cool.My SF account ID is noollab (I'll post to the help forum to be sure)laurent

Hi allI have only basic C-skills and no C++ knowledge, but maybe there are some easier areas where I can help.Harald

Guest Chris Wallace

Laurent,I've added you as a developer...thanks!! As far as gauges and subsystems go, off the top of my head I'd say that the following could probably be implemented anytime (both subsystem and gauge sides):- Altimeter- Magnetic compass (slew manager will need to be enhanced to allow heading to be altered)- Gyro compass- Fuel gauges- Electrical (voltmeter, ammeter) gauges- Light subsystems / panel lighting- ...lots more I'm sure!Without any kind of flight dynamics engine, it wouldn't make sense to implement things like airspeed and VSI subs/gauges yet.Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Guest Chris Wallace

By all means Harald, feel free to get the code and jump in!Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Guest laurentC

Agree.I can do that I suppose ... let me find a good base to develop upon ... need yet to find my marks, and a nifty way to inject code, eh, eh !I also have to be used with CVS methods ... I don't want to mess up anything.laurentC

Guest Fly II Pilot

Gentlemen,I have mixed feelings about this project... ;-)On one hand I'm extremely happy about the fact that work is continuing on Legacy. On the other hand I feel totally useless because I know nothing about C++ and therefore wouldn't be able to contribute even if I had time.It reminds me of when I was part of the Fly! II Beta Test team and I read all these messages going back and forth between Rich, Chris and the other gurus... It wasn't until I learned the fly systems and files that I was able to understand what they were talking about and later contribute with my own creations/fixes.Maybe when I finish school in April I'll enroll in an intensive C++ course so that I can start contributing directly into this project.Congratulations and thanks so much for keeping Fly! alive!!!Your friend,http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg