Sign in to follow this  
Guest laurentC

FlyLegacy - gauges files modifications

Guest laurentC

Before any attempt to commit something to the CVS (besides, I'm not authorized to "write"), I want to share with you the first files I started to modify (currently the gauges and subsystem serie).Just place them in the relative folders and it should work (a complete compilation is likely to be done).I'm working in the Lookup area now, before any further, because I want to use the 'gtbl' data to turn the needles in their proper position.Probably, I'm about to make some slight changes in the CDataMap class tree ...Question : Besides the new terrain installation I can't see any terrain below the plane (only dark ...) Is it normal or I'm I doing something wrong ?laurentPS : I'm out of town for a week ... until 15/10 http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/129379.zip

Guest laurentC

A pb with GENTILES.TXT :in terrain cpp line 199 we strcpy a "data" prefix while in terrainmanager cpp we already create a new "datagentiles.txt"preventing the correct opening of this podded file.laurent

Guest Chris Wallace

Laurent, you should have write access to CVS...but you may have problems if you originally checked out the code as anonymous. You might want to checkout a new copy of the source tree under your SF userid, merge your changes into the new tree, then try to update/commit.The gauge table code was never fully implemented, as you can tell from the warning logs (and the fact that it doesn't work :-). If you will be out of town until the 15th, I'll see if I can fix them up and include your gauge and subs changes as well. Check with me before you start any additional coding when you get back.You need to set terrainDebugLevel in the Debug section of FlyLegacy.ini to either 2 (Quarter globe tile debugging, 3 (super tiles) or 4 (detail tiles) right now to see any terrain. This will just be a "test pattern"...stay tuned for further updates to the terrain system, it is undergoing a complete overhaul.Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Guest Chris Wallace

The attachment doesn't seem to exist...I'll get your gauge and subs updates when you return...Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Guest laurentC

Nice ...Before to leave : you can find the gauges-subsystem files herehttp://rotw.simvol.org/beta/FlyLegacy/I also added the last changes I made in the baseObjects file in order to enable the fmt1 data table (from 'gtbl') ... in case ...I haven't debugged it yet ... not enough time ...Cheers,laurent

Guest Chris Wallace

OK I'll see if I can pick them up from there. If not, no big deal, we'll get it all sorted out when you're back...bon voyage!Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada