Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chris Wallace

Fly! Legacy CVS Commits

Guest Chris Wallace

There is probably a way for developers to be automatically notified of CVS commits from the SF web site, but I'm not sure how...so in the meantime here are the latest commits that I've made. I'll commit Laurent's altimeter changes asap.Committed 9-Oct-2005- Created new virtual CGauge class, GetClassName to return C++ class name for debugging- Eliminated duplicate logging of invalid tags in gauge Read()- Eliminated warning log flooding when a message has no receiver (only one warning will be generated)- Moved CDataMap and related classes to new source code file UtilityDataMap.cpp and removed MainBaseObjects.cpp- Fixes to CDataMap and related classes to remove warnings and allow lookups to function correctly- Removed double linefeed when writing gtfo, warning or debug log messagesCommitted 9-Oct-2005- Fixed failure to load GENTILES.TXT in CTerrainManager- Implemented TRN loader classes in new source file TrnFile.cpp- Removed debug user draw message from CTerrainManager- Accept debug output tag in CAerodynamicModel object (no debug output is written yet)- Change GL error message from fatal (gtfo) to warningCommitted 8-Oct-2005- Fixes to MSVC project files- Removed libtiff from Release configuration (library is no longer required)- Created static lib subproject FlyLegacyPod- Created static lib subproject FlyLegacyUiChris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Guest tonyc

Chris,Perhaps we want to write to Avsim and Flightsim as well as Aerowinx about this new platform. Clearly, not everyone looks at the FLY forum...tony

Guest Chris Wallace

Tony,I don't mind keeping it just in the Fly! forums for now. I'm certainly not planning on writing any kind of "news release" for the AVSIM front page anytime soon until things are a lot more stable and functional. I'm sure that anybody who is really interested in Fly! will check these forums from time to time and come to know what's going on.Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Guest laurentC

Great !Seems that some modified areas will allow to complete the gauges settings and needles placement. I will work on that this w-e and push on with installing the gauges ...Now that the needle gauges are pretty easy to install, I'll try to see how's about the horizon ball and other things like that. laurent

Guest Chris Wallace

Laurent,Are you back from your trip? I also committed your altimeter changes, though I may not have gotten them all. Due to the problem with linefeeds I couldn't get any kind of diff to work, so I had to manually check the files you sent for the changes. I think I got them all since the altimeter does seem to work properly but please doublecheck.Please subscribe to the flylegacy-devel mailing list so you get all the commit notifications.Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Guest laurentC

Hi Chris,Yes, I compiled the CVS this morning and before any further I'll see if all the modifications are there. If not, well, I'll add them again, don't mind ... (after a quick verif I confirm that some needles have to be installed again).As a side note, I had to add the fnt_d.lib to the debug linked lib list (and the fnt.lib to the release linked lib list) to compile the exe.Except for that, the compile worked fine.As for the ini settings, the SIT has to be defined with its main folder(i.e. startupSituation=Saved SimulationsVancouver.sit)laurentPS: I have filled the mailing list form

Guest Chris Wallace

>As a side note, I had to add the fnt_d.lib to the debug linked>lib list (and the fnt.lib to the release linked lib list) to>compile the exe.That's strange...everything compiles cleanly on my system without this library in the lib list. Go ahead and commit the change to the .dsp for now, the extra library won't cause me any harm.>As for the ini settings, the SIT has to be defined with its>main folder>(i.e. startupSituation=Saved SimulationsVancouver.sit)Yes, I put this in a commit notification a while back...now that the mailing list is set up it should be easier for everyone to be aware of these types of changes.Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Hi laurentI had the same problem. But adding the libs as you described did the trick and my compile worked fine (for the first time). I am still using the free MS Toolkit 2003.Harald

Guest laurentC

Happy to see you succeeded with the compile process Harald: I guess Chris would be interested by the MS 2003 compile setting files in the CVS too.Cheers,laurent

Guest Chris Wallace

Good news Harald!! If you would have time to add a description of what you had to do in the Readme file, that would be a great thing to have archived along with the source code in CVS.Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Hi ChrisOf course, but it will take some time because until now Flylegacy crashes as soon as I start it - so I downloaded the newest version and will give it a try this weekend.Harald

Guest laurentC

Harald,Be sure to have all the default aircraft in the actual aircraft folder, not in a subfolder, to set the actual fly path in flylegacy.ini, to put all the debug added folders like "log" and "debug" in the tree ... that were my initial errors.In other words, if you succeed with the compilation, the error have to be the rest of the installation.As Chris advised once, I quote his own words here, have a look at the gtfo in the "log" folder ... some nifty comments should help you in the installation.laurent

Guest Chris Wallace

Yes, as Laurent indicated, check Logs/gtfo.log if the app just seems to exit without any indication. The last entry will tell you why it crashed...post here if it's not obvious what the problem is.Note that if you check out the contents of the 'install' tree in CVS into your Fly! II folder (where you also need to put FlyLegacy.exe) it should create the necessary Logs and Debug folders as well as the DLLs etc.Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Hi ChrisCompiling the new versaion I got a new problm with pthread.hC:Flylegacyflylegacysource>c:FlylegacyflylegacysourcesrcIncludepthread.h(26) : fatal error C1014: too many include files : depth = 1024NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl.exe' : return code '0x2'Stop.If I remove pthread.h from the include-directory i getc:FlylegacySTLport-4.6.2stlportpthread.h(26) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: '../include/pthread.h': No such file or directoryNMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl.exe' : return code '0x2'Stop.need my friend next week to solve thisregardsHarald