Sign in to follow this  
Guest hsk01945

Want to change/edit/expand airport layout - how?

Guest hsk01945

I have been using FLY for years and just love it. Would like to get information on how to "fill in" the area around an airport to make it more visable, also to add taxiways, and lights. Is there a guide or instructional manual that will help me get started? Ditto how to correct "floating" runways (w/flatinator?). Thanks, Harold

G'day Harold,"Terramodels" by Allen Kriesman would be a good starting point for a newbie to filling in around airports.Below is a link to a tutorial for adding grass/roads textures to airports and surrounds.http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=27492Hope this helps get you started.Do check library to see that you are not reinventing the wheel. :-)Cheers,Roger

Hi Harold,you can download my tutorial about "Flattening" from AVSIM, DownloadID = 13809. There are 2 more tutorials about editing FLY!!-Databases and creating custom objects with ZMODELER.I hope this helpsHarald