Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

Engine sounds........

G'day all,Does anyone on the forum have some radial engines sounds filed away on their hard drive, that they would be willing to allow me to use on a model for Fly! II. Any radial engine would do ... of course it would be even better if it was an " Alvis Leonides " but beggars can't be choosers :-lolYou must of course own the copyright or have the written permission of the copyright holder to use such files. - don't want to go upsetting anyone.Cheers all,Roger

Guest tonyc

Roger, I had no trouble some time ago getting the ok from some MSFS authors to give me permission to use their panel artwork. I am sure that for sound files it's the same.....I confess that the ones that I downloaded are strictly for personal use as I did not ask the author's permission.tony

G'day Tony,I did browse the sounds directory of MSFS 2004 but I was rather surprised by the lack radial noises. There are a million Airbus or Boeing sounds by just about every gas turbine known to mankind but I only found 2 radials, - the turbO compound Wright 3350 for the Super Constellation L-1049 and also a PZL powered Wilga. The two extremes. Never mind Banstown is not too far away and there are a few radial aircraft still flying. I might have to take a visit and see what I can find there.Thanks for your replyCheers,Roger

Guest tonyc

I think you might want to look in Google under the "classic airliners for fs9" category. FS Design Berlin site specializes on the Electra series and other classic airliners. they have some sound packages as well. http://members.lycos.co.uk/Berlin_flightsim/tony

G'day Tony,The Berlin website was just too much for my old 56K dial up I'm afraid. The size of their home page is ridiculous. Everything's on the home page. Thanks for the link,Cheers,Roger

Guest Chris Wallace

The Stearman PT-17 uses a radial engine...if worse comes to worse you might be able to use that one from the default aircraft?Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

G'day Chris,You haven't tried the Otter have you? :-lol I used the stearman sound files for it and and it is very hesistant in operation at times. Also it is decidedly "Bi-planeish" to the ears. You can almost imagine the fabric drumming in sympathy with the exhaust pulses and the sweet smell of castor oil as the Red Baron wheels in for the kill. :-)I'll have a look around Bankstown Airport - There are a few radials out there and if I'm lucky I might just get a chance to get what I want.As you know I don't give up that easily, still got a way to go with Blender, but - it's a hobby :-)Cheers,Roger

Hi Roger.Have you tried the Beech Stagerwing D17 Sound pack, It has some great roaring deep sounds (at least on my system).Go to the file library and do a search under Terminal Reality (catagory) ......Beech Stagerwing.Hope these are a bit more of what your looking for.RegardsJohn

G'day John,That's a thought! I'll check it out on my system. I don't know why but I automatically assumed it uses the Stearman sounds.Thanks.Cheers,Roger

Guest Bill Hinton

Hello Roger,I think the Lockheed Vega B and C had radial engines (Pratt & Whitney Wasp C 500 horsepower). It is the type of aircraft owned and flown by Wiley Post (the Winnie Mae) and Amelia Earhart It is one of the default aircraft in MSFS 2004. All of the Sound files (*.wav) are included in it's Sound Folder.Hope this helps you,

G'day Bill,Thanks for the info. There is however a slight ethical hitch. I wonder how Bill Gates would feel having MSFS default sound files used in aircraft for Terminal Reality's Fly! II. :-) I'm pretty sure that Microsofts suits wouldn't see the funny side of it. :-lolThanks for replying as individuals may be able to put your information to good use.Cheers,Roger