Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

Glider or powered.....?

G'day Harald, The interior pics will be a boon to both the DA40 and DA42.Your offer is very much appreciated and will add immensely to the overall quality of the model. Enjoy your holiday! Cheers,Roger

Guest danieletona

Hi Roger,have you read the message that I have sent you?Have you unload the model, the photos and the manuals?Dan

G'day Dan,Sorry I haven't been in touch lately. I've been out looking at cars with my 23 year old niece. She had her heart set on buying a 12 year old Toyota Celica FR. I've been subtley trying to convince her that $10,000 is a lot of money for a car that is basically over the hill and likely to require expensive maintenance in the not too distant future.Yes I did download the pics and manuals and the acm and tif.I don't see how I can get involved with a 3d panel done in 3dsMax though as I don't have it and I don't think my better half would appreciate it if I were to mortguage the house :-) When I get started I might have a go at a 3d panel using truespace.(just for the background).The pics are ok (but not exactly the rotational views) but may come in handy for some of the panels. Harald has access to a DA40 and has offered to take all the view photographs so there's no problem there.I have found the website for the manuals and have also downloaded the DA42 flight manual and maintenance manual. (safely stored away on a CD for safe keeping).I've still got the Twin Pioneer to finish off. I think I'll just pod up everything as far as I've gone and upload to the library. I'm going to need the space on my Hard drive for the development of the Diamond aircraft.I won't worry about the Garmin (350/450/1000). If the ROTW generic GPS will fit I'll use that.In the real world it beats me why they bother using the Garmin product as the flight manual specifically states that the primary instruments for height, (can't remember speed), heading, fuel, are the analogue gauges. Also the Garmin instrument is limited to latitudes less than 65 degrees. Cheers,Roger

Guest danieletona

Hi Roger,for the Garmin I will ask to Laurent if he can do anything.If you need help with the panel, the gauges and the needles, write me. I can draw the needles with 3DS and to create the files PBM.Dan

Hi Roger,I made 20 pictures of the interior of our DA40,each 5MPixel.Are they what you need? As appetizer I add some resized JPEGS.Harald

G'day Harald,They're great. It's a real boon having someone who has access to the aircraft for photography. All up there are only about a dozen views needed.Namely - forward view (camera level) 3 views - from the pilots seat, from centre and from co-pilots seat. No need to include any sky so if you can lower the camers (keeping it level) to include all of the instument panel then so much the better.. also from pilots seat (camera level) - all the rotational views.045 view - #3 shown here is perfect090135180225270315The view of the engine controls is great and would be easy to model t he levers but for comparison would you be able to take an angled photo of the engine controls from the pilots seat looking down. I'd just like to see how it would look Now I'm confused! What engine is in this aircraft. The DA42 only has a throttle lever. It has the TDI diesels with full FADEC engine control with integrated pitch and mixture. This is just like a Cessna. Should make the modeling that much easier as I can use TRI's basic flyhawk files.I'll email youThanks for your help.Cheers,Roger

Hi Roger,This is a DA40 with a 180HP Engine, no Diesel, sorry.I add some more previews.I am sure I can also get some Screenshots from DA40TDI.Harald

Guest MauriceA

Hey guys,the photos I sent to Daniele do show a DA40TDI ...For Roger : yes the engine is the same (135 CV Thielert turbodiesel w intercooler, fadec, single lever control, an aeronautic version of the Mercedes A-class 1700 cm3 engine) of the DA42.Bye,Maurizio