Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

I give up.......I know when I'm beaten

G'day all,I've been sitting on the release of a model for about 2 months. :-( I've completely rebuilt the files 3 times but I can't resolve the repair to 80,000 ft issue. The easiest solution to this is a reboot of Fly! II ; it may also be possible to go into slew mode and get back to earth quickly. Trying to fly back down and it's a 20 minute flight !!!! This only follows a repair after a crash into the earth.I suspect it may have something to do with the conversion of a tricycle undercarriage aircraft into a tail dragger, but I've done extensive fiddling with the *.whl file, all to no avail. :-mad Crash into the water, hangar, aircraft, tree or any other model and the repair button places the aircraft correctly at the end of the runway. :-jumpy Sooooo the question is should I upload an aircraft with this known bug ??I need the hard drive space for other projectsAttached is the aircraftCheers,Roger

Well, I say upload her and we'll do our best to not hit the ground too hard, Roger! She looks like a beaut to give a whirl around the Aussie continent, i.e. some fun bush flying in the Outback!Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest tonyc

Roger,During my long days of plane design, whenever I got into something very wrong, I'd do a file comparison check. I'd take a perfectly good plane and compare each file with mine.It's a long process, but sometime I would find the error. Just a thought...tony

G'day Tony,I'm not 100% following your reasoning here. Essentially my aircraft files ARE different as I start with a TRI basic aircraft (eg Navajo)and then modify the files as needed to suit my aircraft. So checking back with the original Navajo files is naturally going to show these differences?? I have checked with other aircraft eg Stearman (taildragger) but still to no avail. Fortunately I have Alex on the job trying to see if he can help. It's just a matter of fact that some very weird and unforseen things can happen when you start to mess around with aircraft files.Anyway the latest rendition of the aircraft is OK apart from the crash repair problem so even if it can't be fixed I will still upload.( I'm getting bored and need the hard drive space. :-) ) Cheers,Roger

G'day Ken,Well the latest version seems to be a lucky dip as to what happens when it crashes, irrespective of where or how it crashes. I kind of liked it better when at least it was predictable :-)But it is still fun to fly around in so I'll wait and see if we (Alex) can fix things. If not then will upload anyway.After several months of testing, testing, testing I've lost a bit of interest and have quite a few new projects waiting in the wings :-)Cheers,Roger

G'Day Roger,It's good to hear you have some more projects waiting in the wings.I am very busy at present but still find some time to fly your FlyII Grumman as well as the real thing.regards,Ian:-wave

Guest Fly II Pilot

Roger,I can't remember if I fixed this one or not. If not, please resend me the stuff and I'll take another look at it. Now I have a newer, much more stable and faster computer as well as a little bit of spare time (about 30 minutes a day) :( Regards,Alex