Sign in to follow this  
Guest Max Cowgill

Ebert/Roeper Review Microsoft Insider...............

Guest United

Roger: Our first review is about Microsoft's Flight Simulator Insider's newest offering: "Making Flight Sim". Billed as an intimate insider's look at how the world's most popular flightsimulator is developed, I found it to be severely limited, weak and just a tab bit patronizing Richard.Richard: A tab bit Roger?, I found this piece to seriously lack depth and was presented in a "we know more than YOU do!" manner, inappropriate if you ask me. I felt the article was entirely useless and in fact unnecessary. Microsoft guards their flight sim secrets better than the US Government hides the locations of nuclear weapons and well they should, but there is no need to shove it in our faces and in fact the article could have been far more detailed without jeopardizing any secrets or information they cannot tell us.Roger: Ironically Richard those first two pics showing one of the first flight sim panels as contrasted with the newest offering is the one of the most interesting comparisons made in the article, but sadly the producer chose not to follow-up with what could have been a wonderful look back at previous Microsoft products and where they have come from.Richard: Yes, but that's been done before RogerRoger: Indeed, but not by who should have done the piece Richard. It was mildly interesting to see what airplane is piloted by what team member and such, but that has nothing to do with what should have been a much richer treatment of the subject at hand.Richard: I agree Roger, I must give this piece thumb's down Roger, and I do so reluctantly because most of us are all are quite dependant on this Microsoft product to feed our flight sim needs and who wants to critisize the hand that feeds us.Roger: Thumbs down for me too Richard. We all realize Microsoft's need for secrecy and they don't want to be hounded by us meer end users for the various SDK's that we REALLY seek, but to shove it in our faces in such a patronizing way Richard.......tsk tsk tsk!......Richard: Well........moving on, our next review is ...............(end of tirade)Randy Jura, KPDX

Actually I was a bit surprised to see that announcement on the AVSIM homepage just now because this article has been around from the first introduction of Insider...I was hoping for something new. Yep, the article is just all filler really-bland, shallow and a missed chance to present some interesting insights into the background of FS 2002. It doesn't do the program itself any justice really.

Guest United

Then why is AVSIM posting the article now?.......maybe Roger and Richard need to look into it! heheheheheheh

"Wah wah wha, MS doesn't give my what I feel I need."What do you expect? A day by day summery of each team members work load?Get real.As for lacking depth, who do you think wrote the article? Some fltsim developer with extra time? Ten to one the person that wrote it has never even met the developers.Quit your whining or make your own flight sim. For real my friend, this is about the stupidest rant I have ever seen.

Guest United

that's why I wrote it.

Maybe AVSIM is posting it to wake you up.. just read, then turn to the sim.. and see how real its gets!Johan

Guest Max Cowgill

>"Wah wah wha, MS doesn't give my what I feel I need." >>What do you expect? A day by day summery of each team >members work load? >>Get real. >>As for lacking depth, who do you think wrote the article? >Some fltsim developer with extra time? Ten to one the person >that wrote it has never even met the developers. >>Quit your whining or make your own flight sim. For real my >friend, this is about the stupidest rant I have ever seen. LOL! Settle down! You sound as though this is the worst crime ever committed against humanity! I didn't much care for the article or this attempt at humor but I didn't feel the need to ream the guy a new one just because I don't share the same sense of humor as him. Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning or what?Max Cowgill