Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

Project update.................

G'day all,Just an update on my latest aircraft for Fly! II. The airframe is finished. Now for the real fun - the panel :-eek :-lolCheers,Roger

Guest danieletona

Really extraordinary!!!!!!!!!Da-42 and Da-40 together????? ;-) Dan

Goodness, Roger - I must be behund on my airframe recognition. What is the aircraft?

Randall Rocke

Guest chezz123

Roger,WOW!!!!!Thankschris_CA

G'day Randall,Harald's link will give all the info you want on the aircraft but in a nutshell it's the latest prop twin to come into production.Composite airframe, 135HP 4cyl liquid cooled inline turbo-charged DIESELS! (only 270 HP!! - with performance to match) with a geared prop., actually it's an aviation adaptation of the Mercedes automotive diesel. The instrumentation is twin Garmin 1000 units. The only engine control is the power lever, the mixture and prop are fully automatic - via a Full Authority Digital Engine Control (FADEC)To paraphrase an early 20th century industrialist -"You can have it any colour you like so long as it's white." :-lolI kid you not. It's written into the Type Certificate. A necessity to ensure that the temperature limtitations of the composite airframe are kept in check to ensure structural integrity.Anyway to me it has an almost toyish, dinky appeal that made me want to make it for Fly! II.Cheers,Roger

Fantastic looking plane, Roger! You are doing a great job on this! I can't wait to fly her. Please let me know if you want me to test it for you.Take care,Earl

Outstanding job, Roger! Very sweet looking aircraft. Cannot wait to see how you get the garmin units implemented. Looks like a bit of dll programming coming up!Many Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

G'day Ken,I'm sorry, but you are going to be very disappointed re the way the Garmins are implemented (I can't program anything!!! - so forget all about DLL's :-) ) - more to the point forget about Garmins full stop.Just as well really as the twin G1000 units must be THE MOST EXPENSIVE STANDBY INSTRUMENTS fitted to any GA aircraft.The decal on the instrument panel directly in front of the pilots eyes - " Flight and Navigation data of the G1000 is not approved as the primary source of information. "ie. Twin Garmins is fine but if you really want to know what's going on in the world around you then resort to the steam gauges. :-)In a flight review in a flying magazine a B767 captain reported that he continually found himself flying the Twi Star using just the old ASI, AH and Alt. He commented that he found the data on the Garmins too cluttered and confusing. I'm mulling over in my mind using the ROTW generic MFD but haven't settled on anything as yet. :-)Cheers,Roger