Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

Seen by an avid aircraft spotter.........

G'day all,An aircraft of unknown type doing some clandestine nightime flight trials at a secret location away from prying eyes.The intrepid spotter reports that the trials appeared to be very successful.However, I do believe the pilots report contains a reference to lack of instrumentation :-)Cheers,Roger

Guest chezz123

Hi Roger,Nice.What's your graphics card?chris_CA

G'day Chris,This is still my old system. The graphics card is an Albatron 8X AGP (nVidia fx5900 chip) with 128 Mb ram using 45-23 nVidia driver. - why did you ask? . Only just over a week to getting my new system :-jumpyMerry Christmas,Roger

Guest chezz123

Hi Roger,Your graphics looks sharp. I'm using ati xt800xl but when I enabled the T&L aircraft lights does'nt seem to iluminate the ground from a cockpit view.Thankschris

G'day Chris,I have absolutely no expertise when it comes to graphics cards. I have always used nVidia chip based cards (I don't know why but I've always thought that they were the better card for Fly!). I have had aircraft light problems in the past and it was when I upgraded to a later driver release. I cured the problem by simply going back to use the old driver.Rich once posted about the pitfalls of upgrading a driver simply because it was a later release. - only update if the driver fixes a problem you are having.As to your ATI problem I can only suggest you try either a later driver (if there is one) or an earlier driver and see if you get a better result.cheers,Roger

Chris,Roger is correct - later drivers, needed for newer features in new programs, games, etc. have proven to be incompatible with portions of Fly!II's graphic system, shutting down ground and object illumination. On my nVidia card, I have the same problem. I updated to later drivers because I needed the new capabilities for other programs - as soon as I did so, illumination in Fly!II was lost.I tried going back to an earlier driver but had no success bringing illumination back. I'm guessing that there are still changes resident in the driver system from the newer drivers that remain. I could probably use an nVidia driver removal tool, then reinstall the old drivers.It's a trade-off. If you need the new video features, then you lose Fly!II illumination and vice-versa.

Randall Rocke