Sign in to follow this  
Guest farflyer

Flight plan in text form

Guest farflyer

I have been using Fly 2 for about 6 years on an iMac Blue slot loader. But since many of the computers I use at school are Windows, I got a copy about a year ago. I have it on a USB flash drive so I can use it on any computer that is avaiable when I have time for a flight. When I was flying in the 70's, I had a kneeboard that I wrote out my plan with all the navaids and traffic patterns so I was prepared for all possible situations. I like to do that now, but I don't like taking all the papers around and sometimes if I pause the flight and go back to the text file, the flight locks up and I have to end. I am wondering if there is a way to have a .DLL written so that I could use a function key to toggle a window that would show my text file of my flight plan. I have tried other sims, and Fly 2 gives me the realistic flying experience that I had when I was flying. It would be even more realistic if I could see my flight plan as I wrote it.Thank you for considering this request.Tom PetersonFargo, ND

G'day Tom,Are you aware that you can print out your flight plan directly from within the flight planner in Fly! II. It was a feature added in one of the patches. (possibly the final patch). You can have a hard copy on the desk as you fly. This would surely be better than having to either pause or bring up a separate window.I'm not certain but I think is the keyboard command.Happy flyingCheers,Rogeredit: Tom I have attached a very rushed flight plan I made from KSFO to KLAX to show you what Fly! II will print out for you. 1 piece of paper. And yes is the command.

Guest farflyer

Thank you for your responce. Used it once. Like what it provides, but would rather not have all kinds of paper to carry around. My desk is full of student papers so there is not a lot of room for fun stuff. If it could be brought up as a window, it would be like the kneeboards that are in use.Here is what I do when I fly. Maybe too much, but it is how I started.KEAU to KABR: TC=277

G'day Tom,Wow! You really are a serious simmer. OK that's fine. :-)My memory isn't as good as it once was but I vaguely remember a program that might be able to help you. A quick search of the library brought up this -http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=55192Author: LaurentThis DLL will give you up to 10 pages of maps/checklists/text (whatever you want) and display it in a window within Fly! II.Hope this helps. Enjoy Fly! II.Cheers,Roger

Guest farflyer

Had a look at that, but was unable to find the button to click to get it to come up. Also, it looks like the files must be saved as PBM and ACT files and I don't have a graphics converter to do that. Maybe I am wrong about that. Can someone tell me how that program works?Tom PetersonFargo, ND

G'day Tom,I've just downloaded and had a peek at what the program is all about.Basically the program creats a "clickable area" on the screen and the user only has to click the mouse with the cursor on the "clickable area" to open a window to display the pre-defined *.PBM files. A second click on the "clickable area" will shut down the display and close the window. Yes you will need a graphics converter to create the PBM file which is a Terminal Reality format. The converter will automatically create the *.act file when you convert the 256 colour *.BMP graphic to the *.PBMWhat you need to do -Use a graphic program to create the 256 colour BMP file containg your data. You can have up to 10 files. These files must be converted into *.PBM files and *.ACT files. I assume these files are to be placed in the ART folderIf you don't have a converter there is Flygraphics1.0.zip in the Fly! (note not Fly! II) by Elrond Elvish in development folder in the Avsim library.You will aslo have to extract the *.AMP and *.pnl files from the aircraft *.pod to their respective folders (World and DATA) and make the changes outlined in the readme file.Then make sure searchPodFilesFirst=0 in Fly!.ini so that your modified *.amp and *.pnl files get priority and you're hot to trot.Well that's it! The hardest part is creating the BMP graphics with your flight plan data included. All the conversion stuff is only 5-10mins work.The above mods would have to be repeated for each aircraft you wish to have this feature.Cheers,Roger

Guest farflyer

RogerThank you for the information about Fly Graphics. Downloaded it along with Ten Pages. Had to redo the graphics so I could find the click area. Found out it was over a gauge, so that was why I couldn't get it to work the first time. Made my flight plan in Microsoft Paint, used Fly graphic to convert to pbm and renamed it using the root requirement and sure enough, there was my flight plan. Does just what I was hoping it would. Than you again.Happy flying Tom PetersonFargo, ND