Sign in to follow this  

Hovercraft in FS2002?

Guest Iain Spowart

Hi there :-waveI've just been watching a fascinating TV program about the history of the hovercraft and I was wondering if anyone knew of any that had been made for FlightSim.It seems to me that an FS2002 hovercraft could be a lot of fun :-)Maybe someone can convince Bill Lyons to make one!Iain Spowart,Scotland.Webmaster and photographer,Scottish Claymores 2002Cheerleaders Fan Sitehttp://www.claymorescheerleaders.com/media/avsim/2002-s.jpghttp://ClaymoresCheerleaders.com

Guest Iain Spowart

Francois,Any hovercraft, from small racing ones to the huge LCAC's of the US Navy would be a great new challenge in FS. I'd love to see one done with the new capabilities of FS2002 - anyone interested in exploring the upper reaches of the Amazon?!!Bill Lyons and the Golden Eagle squadron have done some amazing things for FS2002 (such as the Defender airship) so they were the first people I thought of when I wondered about FS hovercrafts.Iain Spowart,Scotland.P.S. Look for some photos of the Amsterdam Admirals cheerleaders coming soon. They were at the game in Glasgow last Sunday and I got a few (3 rolls of film!) photos of them. Pictures will be on the web-site soon :-)

Guest Iain Spowart

Thanks Mike,That looks like fun :-)Going off at a tangent from this - has anyone thought about doing an Eagle Transporter from Space 1999? That would be fun too!Iain Spowart,Scotland.

There are *many* free 3DS models of the Eagle out there, so at least the modeling wouldn't be difficult (assuming it was okay with the authors for this purpose). If I had to give it a go I'd certainly start with the Supercar flight model (then again, I no "nuthing" about birthing airplanes :>).Anderson vehicles will live forever in our imagination's (that and those cheerleaders you photograph. And all I get to shoot professionally are the Reno Balloon races. Sigh).