Sign in to follow this  

Newbie :-)

Hi guys :-wave Just droped in to say Hi and check out the new forum.I'm still around, don't have much time to participate but I read the forums on a daily basis.Like most of you I'm also waiting for the release of Jane's Attack Squadron.I wonder what file formats they use for planes and scenery. maybe we can "arrange" something for FU3 ;-) GideonThe Flight Unlimited R&D Page

Guest twsimfan

Gideon,Good to see you. Glad to here you have been around even quietly."maybe we can "arrange" something for FU3"That sounds promising.

Hi Gideon! Good to see you at the new forums. What have you been up to lately?

Guest Motormouse

Hi Gideon,glad to have you in this 'new' forum.:-wavePete

Hi GideonNice to see you here again, hope you can drop in more frequently! Your presence always gets my heart missing a beat cause you always have something nice to contribute to the FU3 world! Yes hope we can "arrange" something with the new sim you mentioned and incorporate it with FU3!CheersShelton.

Guest jonpoint

Hi Gideon,Good to hear from you again. Hope things are going well for you and your family :-)BTW, what happened to the Resviewer upgrade? Still looking at V1.4 or are you waiting to see if you can support JAS?I'm all for anything that advances our hobby without putting (more) cash in Bill'$ pocket$!! :-hahJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest Quaxo

Hm, I don't know if Gideon is really frequenting the forum these days... Did you notice the date of his message? It dates back to march...Cristian

Guest CaptRolo

Gideon : if your there HI! Don't know about that march thingy though????????How did we get a post dated like that------ now??CaptRolo

Guest twsimfan

It is really from March. It just got hauled up out of the archives.

Guest jonpoint

"It just got hauled up out of the archives. "What? Are we THAT desperate for news? I mean, things HAVE been a bit quiet recently around here but we have a few new faces.I hope that Rob and I haven't scared anyone away by releasing all these models and things - I had hoped for SOME feedback (or complaints, that's OK too) but barely anything. It could just be my angle on it though. A lot of my interest in FU3 (and this forum) is that there seemed to be lots of people 'getting in and having a go' and, as a mere user I felt left out. I have learned heaps since I've been tuning in and I love to return that back to the group. I'll never be another Ansgar or Gideon - these guys know their stuff - I'm just a hobbyist but I've never felt 'part of something' with other groups as I do with this one.I would like to propose a few things, see what you all think:1. Reorganise the library somewhat to remove obsoleted files and to separate entities i.e. aircraft/packages/models/documents/programs etc. Some people have reported much confusion trying to find the right version etc.2. It should be easier to find things by browsing - searching is fine when you know what it's called etc but it would be nice just to flip through just packages for example without seeing every upload which includes the word 'package' in it. This is part of the above point really.3. Request and post reviews on library items. "Bear" gets a lot across in his regular reviews - I know we ain't MSFS but so what? Surely we have an FU3 afficianado who's opinion is respected (I mean, don't ask me for a flying review but I've done enough to think I have a good opinion on SOME aspects).PS Sorry for the delays on the GeeBee! Someone else probably would have done it quicker but I've just been too busy - and confused :-(Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest Staggerwing

Shelton got us on that one :-lol

Guest R_Driscoll

Is it possible, Shelton, that you are sorting your mail by a different criteria than by date !!???!!