Sign in to follow this  

fu3 ils approaches

hiI am a newbe to the forum. Can anyone please advise how I can get all the Seatle vectors ils airports to display when I call up the radio. At present I have only four appearing to ask Seatac for ils vectors

Hello,Well this is just a guess, but I think you only get those airports that are on that radar controllers area? I don't know if you can ask ILS from Towers of other airports, since I don't have my FU3 instrument rating started yet (I fly almost totally VFR in FU3), but I am planning to go to the instrument school of FU3 soon... Anyone else know about this?Regards,Jokke

>Hello, >>Well this is just a guess, but I think you only get those >airports that are on that radar controllers area? I don't >know if you can ask ILS from Towers of other airports, since >I don't have my FU3 instrument rating started yet (I fly >almost totally VFR in FU3), but I am planning to go to the >instrument school of FU3 soon... Anyone else know about >this? >>Regards, >Jokke Dear Jokke,Thank you for your input. I think a problem was caused by one of the Airports packages. I downloaded a beacons file, FU AIRPRORTS and this fixed the problemThank you Bill

Guest Motormouse

A ha,I think that Capt Rolo can help you out with this one,there are only spaces for 9 airports to be listedin each alphabetical letter,and if you have too many airports starting with the same letter,then the rest simply get missed.Rolo has a little 'work around' that re-names some airports,I guess if you wait around he'll show up and explain things better.:-wavePete

Guest CaptRolo

Hi Guys; Yes if you have added airports ,then there are too many that start with same letter of alphabet .To fix ;you have to rename some of the airports by putting a letter in front of the name like this"{fbo_name ZLos Angeles}".I use a "Z" or "Q" because least used letters.You have to do this in the Airport folder "fbo cfg"and source folder "fbo.cfg"CaptRolo

Thanks guys for your input. Capt. Rolo makes sense. Problem is fixed.Bill:-walksmile

Hi,That was a good hint. Just in the source folder I have a non editable fbo.cfs. I tried with the cfg in the Airports folder and it worked.Do you have also a solution for the vectors direct, when I ask for that it shows only1 A-C2 D-H3 J-O4 P-Rand now where is S to Z?how can we change this. It can show only four this time. I thought 9 are possible each time?ThanksTFT

Guest CaptRolo

TFT;>>That was a good hint. Just in the source folder I have a non editable fbo.cfs. I tried with the cfg in the Airports folder and it worked.<

Hi CaptRolo,how do I edit the fbo cfs file?<

Guest CaptRolo

Open the file with notepad or wordpad and change it then save .You still have to see how many airports start with Same letter and make changes accordingly.CaptRolo

Hi Captain,I would not like to stress your patience to much.I could allrady change and add some ariports, but the question is because the ATC under traffic advaisory it is not showing the underchapter for the letters from S to Z. Some times it goes even to less letter. How can I add this under chapter to have it also for other letters?ThanksTFT

Hi CaptRolo,finally I understand what you mean.The summe of the letters affects all airports and so also all underchapter of the ATC. I changed 3 S letter airports and wwwwwooooohhhhhh there they are. IFR nearly erverywhere!ThanksTFT